Ascension: Developing your factions

Discuss the development of other free/open-source games, as well as other games in general.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Re: Ascension: Developing your factions

Post by Dugi »

tr0ll wrote: October 24th, 2018, 4:26 am when i demobilize siege engines, it predicts hundreds of resources will be returned but only actually returns a few
I will check it out. Thanks for feedback.

EDIT: Fixed.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have replaced some of the worse graphics and added new stuff to the side panels. I have also finally figured out how to make countdowns, so you can now see times till something happens tick instead of being occasionally updated.
Screenshot of new UI:
Mcnicholas

Post by Mcnicholas »

Dugi wrote: October 24th, 2018, 2:36 pm
tr0ll wrote: October 24th, 2018, 4:26 am when i demobilize siege engines, it predicts hundreds of resources will be returned but only actually returns a few
I will check best mig welders out. Thanks for feedback.

EDIT: Fixed.
Not bad! Not bad at all, Dugi! Have you continued upgrading it since then? I'd love to see what you came up with if you have.
Last edited by Mcnicholas on May 29th, 2023, 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Mcnicholas wrote: January 21st, 2019, 12:07 pm Not bad! Not bad at all, Dugi! Have you continued upgrading it since then? I'd love to see what you came up with if you have.
I am taking occasional breaks, I am still developing it. However, currently my main problem is lack of feedback, mainly about the user interface that's reported to be insufficiently intuitive. I wanted to ask a friend who plays a similar game to show me how it's done elsewhere, but she's sick.

So I would greeeaatly appreciate if you told me whatever you think could be improved.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have decided to shut it down. The main problem was that the software architecture was bad and I have found a better solution and successfully made the necessary proofs of concept. I will rebuild it once I finish other stuff I have been neglecting because of working on these proofs of concept.
Less important stuff: