New Ability: Slayer

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Not you two again... :|
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

im not doing it on purpose but hes being fake by saying that im wrong when hes doing the some thing that i am
Bivrip!!

plese do not yell at me for any misspelled errors!
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Let the kitten-hurling COMMENCE.

Pressure/Opportunist are were i cast my vote.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

you have an awesome avatar.

KILL THE BIRD!!!!
Bivrip!!

Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Belwar wrote:im not doing it on purpose but hes being fake by saying that im wrong when hes doing the some thing that i am
no, I'm not.

You're being imature and unfunny
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

I have a wonderful idea. Everyone stop making [censored] personal comments in the Ideas forum. Go make a flamewar in OT. Have fun. This guy has a valid idea and he deserves better than two monkeys throwing crap and banana peels at each other.

Although, I hate to say, I think Assassin is in the right here...
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i was just bored so yes i was being immature and i apoligize.
Bivrip!!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

Making an idea short without adequately explaining it is bad. The explanation is not really that long, and is very easy to understand as it is complete with examples and answers to possible criticism. Very well argued I thought. Of course, if you just like to tear apart people's suggestions because they are short and confusing, than that's your problem.

As it is, this is a simple yet interesting possible new ability, whatever you call it and whichever version you want to sue. I like it!
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

More name ideas:

accumulate, rally, galvanize, psych up, build up

My vote goes for "psych up"
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

i finnaly took the time to read the idea and it is a good idea except for the fact that it would be pretty difficult to code, but if someone would code it i would definately back it up for admission. however i think that i would be better for units that have fewer attacks rather than a unit that has more attacks, because it would be unbalanced.
Bivrip!!

Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Belwar wrote:i finnaly took the time to read the idea and it is a good idea except for the fact that it would be pretty difficult to code,
Last time I checked, incrementing a number by one is a fairly simple procedure. Then again, maybe my math is a little rusty.
:lol:
Belwar wrote: however i think that i would be better for units that have fewer attacks rather than a unit that has more attacks, because it would be unbalanced.
Oh noes! Someone might get an extra three or four points of damage! :roll:

This ability would only be interesting for units with a large number of attacks. And it hardly seems overpowered, even then.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

ill support it just get someone to code it and you also need to have to get a developer to think that it is a good idea, once you get it coded you can move it up to development thats all im saying,l just get it done so that we can add more to make this game more interesting.

oh and its a little more complicated to code than u think
Bivrip!!

Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

If this ability would be hard to code then the code is in serious need of refactoring.
Belwar

Post by Belwar »

then start a thread in the development section about how the code needs to be revamped
Bivrip!!

Xan
Inactive Developer

Post by Xan »

Sapient wrote:If this ability would be hard to code then the code is in serious need of refactoring.
You could submit a patch... :wink:
"It is time people learned about their failures and my successes."