idea's I think might be good additions

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
hillbillypriest

idea's I think might be good additions

Post by hillbillypriest »

This might have already been noted many times in the past but just in case I would still like to say them. One:allies take your villages. I was thinking that in an allied game you could get have the revenue for each village. (you get one half your allie gets the other) I bet in games where you have multiple allies you can find another formula that works.

2: This game needs alternate winning conditions like: controlling X% of villages.

Thanks for hearing me. I hope I'm not just taking up space. (if I am I am sorry)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

there are different winning conditions, it just depends what the author of the scenario has made them to be, (if you download Invasion of Arendia then get to the level called the enemy of my enemy, then you'll see that this one says survive for 12 turns, the next one can be won by moving you're leader to a certain place.
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Well this is a bit tricky, but doable in WML
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

I suspect he was suggesting it as configuration options in multiplayer, rather than in campaign (where it's done through WML).
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

WML is also usable in MP scenarios, you know ...
anyeos

Maybe don't permit?

Post by anyeos »

Maybe just don't permit to put a unit under a village if it is already occupied for a friend? Anyway it will be great if is a choice in multiplayer because sometimes I need to give a village to a friend.

Bye.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

It's good as it is. Being able to exchange villages is very important, since often one side will get a lot of gold, and the other is nearly broke - having the villages split revenue would mean the side with the monetary advantage would never lose that advantage, which would be bad for him, since it would mean his ally is likely to die.

Not letting allies take each other's villages is not an acceptable solution, since most of the time when you take an ally's village it is because you need it more than they do. For example, when your unit has 10 hp left.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Re: idea's I think might be good additions

Post by Disto »

hillbillypriest wrote:This might have already been noted many times in the past but just in case I would still like to say them. One:allies take your villages. I was thinking that in an allied game you could get have the revenue for each village. (you get one half your allie gets the other) I bet in games where you have multiple allies you can find another formula that works.

2: This game needs alternate winning conditions like: controlling X% of villages.

Thanks for hearing me. I hope I'm not just taking up space. (if I am I am sorry)
For 2 try Capture the Flag, its on the campaign server.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: idea's I think might be good additions

Post by Sapient »

Disto wrote: For 2 try Capture the Flag, its on the campaign server.
Yes, and although I learned a lot from reading its WML, it still appears buggy and doesn't work for me.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Noyga wrote:WML is also usable in MP scenarios, you know ...
I think you've missed the point: Using WML, it has to be specifically built into the scenario - be it campaign or multiplayer.

I believe HBP was wanting an independent setting, like starting gold, or income per village. So you could say, e.g. "Let's play 'Charge' in 'Capture the Flag' mode".
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

OAB ;)
The problem is if we start to include options like this in wesnoth core, there would be likely quickly a lot of options so it would be difficult to maintain.

Btw, it would be nice to give the possibility to include WML-driven options that the creator of the game could select.
For exemple for standard scenarios (like Charge, Den of Onis, ...) you would select a game mode.
The game mode would be defined by a WML script that would be added to the scenario, and you would be abble to add custom game mode by adding a file in a gamemode directory.