Eek! A bogey!

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Eek! A bogey!

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

In my continuing quest to provide sorcerors with sensible summons, I have designed the following unit:

Bogey --- 12 gold
Level 1
Chaotic
5 moves
fly
22 HP
claws(blade)
slow
6-3 melee
description: "Easy to summon and easy to dispatch, Bogeys are a common weapon in the hands of any sorcerer skilled enough to summon them. Their claws contain a poison which wearies the recipient and causes them to move slower in combat. Nothing once afflicted can escape a Bogey."
Attachments
This sprite was made completely from scratch.
This sprite was made completely from scratch.
Bogey.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 3117 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Perhaps this could go to "summoners MP"
Elvish_Pillager

Gazer --- 17 gold
level 1
Neutral (in fact, it would be nice if it was MORE powerful in twilight, but no such luck.)
44 HP
4 moves
elusivefoot moves and resistance, largefoot defenses
Gaze(cold)
backstab
4-5 ranged
Tentacles(fire)
poison
3-1 melee
description: "Gazers are a difficult to manage but highly potent force in the army of a powerful summoner. They are slow, and highly vulnerable to physical attacks, but they make up for it with their lethal gaze. Oddly, though, its gaze is lessened in effect by facing it directly. Although they are very ineffective in close-quarters combat, their tentacles contain a dangerous poison which will burn any flesh it touches for hours after the contact."
Attachments
Gazer.png
Gazer.png (2.43 KiB) Viewed 3031 times
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.

Post by guest »

impressive............................. very
I am a guest
Elvish_Pillager

The Bogey now has an attack animation.
Attachments
bogey-attack-3.png
bogey-attack-3.png (2.41 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
bogey-attack-2.png
bogey-attack-2.png (2.65 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
bogey-attack-1.png
bogey-attack-1.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 2977 times
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

cool!

I agree with twilight thing. too
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Quite good my I ask what's the intention of this units?
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Elvish_Pillager

wayfarer wrote:my I ask what's the intention of this units?
This issue started in The Mountain Pass and the Valley of Statues, with those wizards who recruit Trolls, Gryphons, and other strange things. I think that summoner-type opponents shouldn't be stuck with recruiting such not-summonable-seeming things, so these units are for summoners in general, even if they're not used in HttT, to use.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Even if no one else ever uses these, I will, for a campaign I'm planning.... so keep it up. ;)

A wider variety would be nice.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:Even if no one else ever uses these, I will, for a campaign I'm planning.... so keep it up. ;)
Another one? You're going to have, like, a whole army in your avatar if you keep this up...
turin wrote:A wider variety would be nice.
I have some ideas, but I am quite open to suggestions. ;)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Well, I have EI, SE, SOF, the Imperial Era (represented by the fire), and then the one I'm working on at the moment... 5 isn't too many...

My suggestion would be for a spirit of some sort.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:Well, I have EI, SE, SOF, the Imperial Era (represented by the fire), and then the one I'm working on at the moment... 5 isn't too many...
It's about twice as much as anyone else has...
turin wrote:My suggestion would be for a spirit of some sort.
Well that's really specific! I've thought about spirits, but so far they're either covered by Ghosts, or would be better as an elemental or golem, progressively more corporeal. I think I'm make an Iron Golem that has resistances and does loads of Blade damage with a big blade on a chain.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elementals would be good. We don't have any yet, AFAIK, and they would make sense for mages to summon... well, not elementals, but elemental-like beings. So, one fire, one earth, one water, one ice, one air, etc.
The World of Orbivm
Quensul
Art Contributor

Post by Quensul »

I'm not sure if this is doable within a unit's stats, but how about something more ephemeral that has pretty decent stats, but is permanently poisoned? Sort of a powerful spirit that's slowly escaping the summoner's bonds back into the netherworld (or Salem, MA, or wherever the heck it came from :-)) I don't have a great name in mind - perhaps 'Apparition'?
Author of Wercator
Elvish_Pillager

Quensul wrote:I'm not sure if this is doable within a unit's stats, but how about something more ephemeral that has pretty decent stats, but is permanently poisoned?
It's not. However, how about a unit that has 0% defense, 1 HP, and something in the order of a 10-1 melee attack? It would be like a spirit summoned under contract to attack once. And cost about 3 gold.