Dwarvish mage and the ability Leadership for a Dwarve.

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
pedro

Dwarvish mage and the ability Leadership for a Dwarve.

Post by pedro »

I think the dwarves should have a Mage and unit with the ability leadership.
for example:
Dwarvish Stone Mage:Level 1.
PV:32.
PX.60.
Smith Hammer:6:2(Meele).Impact.
Forge Fire :12:2(Ranged)Fire.Magic.

Level 2:Dwarvish smith Mage.
PV:40.
PX:100.
Smith Hammer:8:2(Meele).Impact.
Forge Fire :15:2(Ranged)Fire.Magic.

Level 3:Dwarvish Smith Master.
PV:60.
PX:180.
Smith Hammer:10:2(Meele).Impact.
Forge fire :16:3(Ranged)Fire.Magic.
Magic Stone :10.2(Ranged)Impact.Magic.

Level 4:Dwarvish ForgeMaster.
PV:72.
PX:-/--
Smith Hammer:13:2(Meele)Impact.
Forge Fire :18:3(Ranged)Fire.Magica.
Magic Stone :15:2(Ranged)Impact.Magic.

And my idea for Dwarvish Leader:

Level 1:Dwarvish Figther.
Level 2:Dwarvish Captain.
PV:48.
PX:80.
Axe :9:3(Meele)Blade.
Hammer:10:1(Ranged)Blade.
Ability:Leadership.

Level 3:Dwarvish General.
PV:70.
PX:-/--.
Axe :11:4(Meele)Blade.
Hatchet:20:1(Ranged)Blade.
Ability:Leadership.
And last, I think the Dwarvish Figther,Steelclad and Lord should Recover His old attack.
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

Why is the dwarvish captain's hammer a blade weapon?
Corwin
pedro

Post by pedro »

Sorry Corwin,the corret is:
Hammer(Ranged)Impact.
rezaf

Post by rezaf »

There's another thread suggesting a dwarven mage on page 1, in which you could have posted.

First I hear dwarves are riding griffins through the skies, and then people keep suggesting mage units for them. What kind of dwarves are these?
:?
rezaf

"This pisses me off!"
Urinal, the Elvish Marshal
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

A dwarf mage is an interesting topic. But most of the devlopers I don't think are interested on adding another unit.

IMO a dwarf mage would make the dwarves to powerful.
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Not to mention, a dwarven mage goes against the grain of dwarven magic - dwarven magic is not magic that makes fireballs and such.

Rather, it is what makes them so sturdy and resilient, despite their small size. If we had a dwarven mage, he would enhance his fellow dwarves in that way - making them even tougher.

The most that a dwarf could have for offensive magic would be a weapon that was unusually true in battle, either thrown or in hand; a hammer that would consistently hit its target, by means of runes carved into it.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

A Quake Hammer, which releases a potent spell when it hits something, This is translatable to marksman, the hammer misses you and the shockwave gets you.

How much time would take to code an ability that only enhances your adjacent allies of your own species?. Some kind of leadership that enhances resistances instead of damage, then you could have thougher Dwarves.

It may also be a way to implement a "Banner" effect. The sorrounding units are inspired by their banner to endure the fight and to avoid its capture (i'm thnking Lavinians could use this insteadof leadership).
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

A Quake Hammer, which releases a potent spell when it hits something, This is translatable to marksman, the hammer misses you and the shockwave gets you.

How much time would take to code an ability that only enhances your adjacent allies of your own species?. Some kind of leadership that enhances resistances instead of damage, then you could have thougher Dwarves.

It may also be a way to implement a "Banner" effect. The sorrounding units are inspired by their banner to endure the fight and to avoid its capture (i'm thnking Lavinians could use this insteadof leadership).
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The Runemaster unit is kind of what Jetryl is suggesting; as he levels, he gains magical on his runic hammer attack, and gets increased resistance because the runes on his armor protects him. If it was possible to have a 'defensive aura' like jetryl suggests without changing the code, I would include it in the UMC.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

If someone knows why my post is repeated 3 times, an explanation would come handy to keep my sanity. I would also like to see 3 of those deleted, because i don't see the "delete" button in any of those.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

A dwarwish mage is IMHO definitely NOT a good idea. First off all, it doesn't fit them. I have never read any book speaking about dwarwish mages. But I think that a dwarwish lord should have leading ability.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Disto

Post by Disto »

Tux2B wrote:A dwarwish mage is IMHO definitely NOT a good idea. First off all, it doesn't fit them. I have never read any book speaking about dwarwish mages. But I think that a dwarwish lord should have leading ability.
Why should we follow after books , we could be the forerunners. But i don't think we should have dwarvish mages except in the way Jetryl and Turin are suggesting.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Disto wrote:
Tux2B wrote:A dwarwish mage is IMHO definitely NOT a good idea. First off all, it doesn't fit them. I have never read any book speaking about dwarwish mages. But I think that a dwarwish lord should have leading ability.
Why should we follow after books , we could be the forerunners. But i don't think we should have dwarvish mages except in the way Jetryl and Turin are suggesting.
What you say is true, but the only way we know about dwarves is from books and legends. And as dwarwish mages have never been seen in it as far as I know, it would feel very odd to have them in Wesnoth. And it would overpower the dwarves against undeads.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon