god powers

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:

should thay add god powers to BATTLE FOR WESNOTH

yes
13%
no
74%
undecided
13%

Total votes: 31

KING_KONRAD

Post by KING_KONRAD »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
KING_KONRAD wrote:and i cant i have suse linux 9.3
There is no such thing as an computer without a text editor! :shock:
i cand find mine :irritated:
need a cheat for a game?... than email me at LINK2@37.com!
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

If you're using linux, you have vi, EMACS, and probably several clones of them.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
KING_KONRAD

thx

Post by KING_KONRAD »

im useing suse linux 9.3 and i cant find mine :irritated:
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

I you use Gnome or KDE, you'll surely have text editors. I think it's called kedit in kde, but I am not sure. Check if you have it installed on your computer (check your packages. I know those can be found with Suse)
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
KING_KONRAD

Post by KING_KONRAD »

i dont have gnome or kde :(
Last edited by KING_KONRAD on July 20th, 2005, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott

Post by scott »

It could also be 'gedit' or 'nedit'

Try typing 'pico' at the command line (or maybe 'nano', but that would be a longshot)

Telling you to type 'vi' would be cruel considering your level of expertise (mastering program locations)
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
KING_KONRAD

Post by KING_KONRAD »

ya. dads the expert :)
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

What user interface do you use? If you are a begginner at Linux, I think you didn't install Wesnoth well. You should have installed at least KDE or GNOME with all their packages, because they are meant for beginners. So you should start Yast and ask him to install these packages.
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

linux sounds complicated. vi, nano, KDE, GNOME, none of those names even sound like a text editing program. For Mac, it's called (you're not going to believe this) TextEdit!! Simple, you see, to understand the purpose of the app.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Assasin wrote:linux sounds complicated. vi, nano, KDE, GNOME, none of those names even sound like a text editing program. For Mac, it's called (you're not going to believe this) TextEdit!! Simple, you see, to understand the purpose of the app.
I had no idea that names that don't immediately conjure up an image of the program they referred to was complexity. I though it had something to do with, you know... the OS actually being complex. Which Linux is, but not for the reason you said.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

Assasin wrote:linux sounds complicated. vi, nano, KDE, GNOME, none of those names even sound like a text editing program.
Indeed, GNU/Linux is, among other things, about choice. Speaking of which, I have just installed Gentoo ("you're not going to believe this" :P, but that is the name of a "distribution" of GNU/Linux). And BTW, half of the names you mentioned are not in fact text editing programs as you probably think of them... with choice comes the necessity to learn about the possibilities (or the joy of learning, for insatiably curious people like me).
Assasin wrote:For Mac, it's called (you're not going to believe this) TextEdit!! Simple, you see, to understand the purpose of the app.
On Mac OS X, I use four or five text-editing programs at various times: TextEdit, BBEdit, XCode, Appleworks, and, if you count it, my browser for posting to forums. Not to mention that I use Mail occasionally, which provides yet another text editing interface, similar but not identical to TextEdit. And of course there are text-entry fields somewhere in nearly every GUI application.
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:
Assasin wrote:linux sounds complicated. vi, nano, KDE, GNOME, none of those names even sound like a text editing program.
Indeed, GNU/Linux is, among other things, about choice. Speaking of which, I have just installed Gentoo ("you're not going to believe this" :P, but that is the name of a "distribution" of GNU/Linux). And BTW, half of the names you mentioned are not in fact text editing programs as you probably think of them... with choice comes the necessity to learn about the possibilities (or the joy of learning, for insatiably curious people like me).
Assasin wrote:For Mac, it's called (you're not going to believe this) TextEdit!! Simple, you see, to understand the purpose of the app.
On Mac OS X, I use four or five text-editing programs at various times: TextEdit, BBEdit, XCode, Appleworks, and, if you count it, my browser for posting to forums. Not to mention that I use Mail occasionally, which provides yet another text editing interface, similar but not identical to TextEdit. And of course there are text-entry fields somewhere in nearly every GUI application.
Yeah, well, if you want to be that complicated about it, you forgot Microsoft Word, iChat AV, and Dashboard :irritated:
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Invisible Philosopher

Post by Invisible Philosopher »

Assasin wrote:Yeah, well, if you want to be that complicated about it, you forgot Microsoft Word, iChat AV, and Dashboard :irritated:
I don't use those, if you care enough to mention it. :|
Play a Silver Mage in the Wesvoid campaign.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Invisible Philosopher wrote:
And we can thank the Cocoa APIs for having spell check in any of those that use it, like TextEdit, and Mail, and Safari/OmniWeb.

Cocoa is sweet.
KING_KONRAD

Post by KING_KONRAD »

my comp installed it auotmactly :evil: