Orc with Beserk?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Thrawn wrote:Pictures.
What do you think?
Ugly and weird, and obvious edits of the Grunt and Warrior.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

just the grunt, I added extra sword myself. 8) And I already admitted I copy w/ my herbalist. It still looks differnt
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

Orc should not have beserk they are too good to have one, and orc is not weak...who ever said orc is weak i think you are wrong. what im suggesting is not berserk but something like RAGE, or FURY when you reach a certain amount of hp( red or yellow) the attack of that unit increases, but i think grunt should have an alternative upgrade that is a good idea.
You cannot ride a roller coaster if you are under 4 feet tall unless you are older than 16 years old.
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

Guys...i think this page would settle most of our problems.

http://wesnoth.slack.it/?NewUnits
You cannot ride a roller coaster if you are under 4 feet tall unless you are older than 16 years old.
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

Thrawn wrote:Pictures.
What do you think?
Well it looks somewhat familiar, I think you just added some features to the orcish warlord or whatever it's called
Attachments
orcish-warlord.png
orcish-warlord.png (1.19 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

just adding feature to an existing unit is pointless, its better to draw an original and wolfyX i changed my avatar because of you :(
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

wolfyX i changed my avatar because of you :([/quote]

Hey if you want i'll change mine to a drake warden :D
Attachments
drake-warden.png
drake-warden.png (1.57 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

OK this is getting ridiculous, but i think we both think alike, because 10 min ago i was thinking of changing to drake warden...do what you want i dont mind :D
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

NightBlade wrote:OK this is getting ridiculous, but i think we both think alike, because 10 min ago i was thinking of changing to drake warden...do what you want i dont mind :D
Ummm... perhaps you change back and i change to warden?
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

just one question wolfy, why did you choose the blademaster in the first place? (no offense just wana know :) because the picture belongs to every one)
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

NightBlade wrote:just one question wolfy, why did you choose the blademaster in the first place? (no offense just wana know :) because the picture belongs to every one)
It just seems to save my ass in a lot of scenarios, plus it looks so COOL!!! :twisted:
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

hahaha that's the same reason i chose it, but one of the other reason is because it looks like its linked with darkness that's why i liked it.
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

NightBlade wrote:hahaha that's the same reason i chose it, but one of the other reason is because it looks like its linked with darkness that's why i liked it.
Yeah besides if you ask me it looks like it could be a name that I always call them :)
ArtillaryGoat

Post by ArtillaryGoat »

To get back on topic... I think Grunts could use a new leveling branch, but by giving the new branch berserk, it should be a bit weaker with stats, or the Grunt itself should have less HP.

Personally, I play Orcs once in a while, but I mostly use Trolls, Assassins and Archers (since they got the fire damage). So I think the Grunts should be made a little more attractive relative to the other Orc units, but the Orc race as a whole is fine.

What I'm trying to say is this: Give berserk to a Grunt or new Grunt derivative, you'll have to make another popular Orc unit weaker.
Tippsey

Post by Tippsey »

Hmmm Beserk wouldn't be way to powerful for northerners, merely to hard to balance it correctly, and bloodlust seems to meh. I mean once your in red the unit has to high a chance to die in battle. So woopie they got attacks up and then die...
Last edited by Tippsey on June 19th, 2005, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
May the drakes bloody kill you all.