[mainline]Balance - counting value of units.

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Hejnewar

[mainline]Balance - counting value of units.

Post by Hejnewar »

Here you go.
Last edited by Hejnewar on April 10th, 2021, 7:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Eagle_11

Re: [mainline]Balance - counting value of units.

Post by Eagle_11 »

It claims opponents wouldnt prefer shooting orcs, which is plain wrong.
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

Could you explain this? Because I personally do not see this.

Ok, I would rather have melee unit to defend against orcs. In offensive I would rather have ranged unit.
DefensiveDPT asumes you are not the one who decides. Opponent does so and he will often but not always use the best attack. Most units have stronger melee attacks (and that is shown in blue tabel) so in defensive you will deal more damage when you are defending with mainly melee unit becouse you are rearly attacked by one orc, ranged units wont take as much damage when atacking orcs with ranged weapons in defensive (if any at all) but they have special modifier just for that.

Offensive DPT assumes that you want to actually kill orc as fast as possible, not tickle it with 6-1 ranged attack.
lojol

Post by lojol »

Hello, this data is certainly interesting but i would like to see it paried with some tournament reasults tho im not even sure if any exists.
Some of this data is certainly unexpected especialy undead why does thier reasult is so low? I think this is the only surprise for me.
Other than that i think what you did could be certainly useful for user eras, still i hope it will help balance this game, what could i say nothing is perfect and this can help bring this perfection closer
Hejnewar

Post by Hejnewar »

I think i found (with some help) what you would want to see. http://tour.wesnothlife.ru/stats.php

WR of UD do not realy surprises me. Lack of traits has its impact. Even if a bit weakened with undead trait and submerge ability.

I do not even think anyone here on forums belive that this works. :D Well noone ever asked me about eras, i dont think that people care about that to that extent.

Anyway thanks for warm words. :)