Some suggestions

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Kylix

Some suggestions

Post by Kylix »

Hello everybody. Probably you have noticed there are some units who are level 3-4, but they don't advance from any unit. I suggest to proceed so:
  • Inferno Drake->Armageddon Drake (180)
    Dwarvish Runemaster->Dwarvish Arcanister (180 XP)
    Dune Blademaster->Dune Warmaster (180 XP)
    Wolf->Great Wolf->Direwolf (30 and 65 XP)
    Orcish Slayer->Orcish Nightblade (60 XP)
Then, mechanical units should have both a melee and a ranged attack (pirate and transport galleons, which already have a ranged attack, could have a melee attack with the charge special attack). Same thing for the Elvish Lady, who should have at most 3 different attacks, just like the druid and the sorceress, so, in a future, we could see her as a leader.
In the traits' description, you should correct the phrase "And woses don't receive any traits" with "And woses and many monsters don't receive any traits".
Then, I think all Dunefolk and non-neutral Humans should have the "Fearless" trait.
For the factions, I suggest to add, as leaders: Ancient Lich for the Undead; Great Mage, Ancient Mage, Elvish Sylph and Elvish High Lord for the Rebels; Orcish Nightblade, Great Troll and Orcish Sovereign for the Northeners; Ancient Mage, Great Mage and Grand Marshal for the Loyalists; Dune Warmaster for the Khalifat; Armageddon Drake for the Drakes.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Some suggestions

Post by Iris »

The Armageddon Drake, Dwarvish Arcanister, and Orcish Nightblade are actually intentionally designed so that they are opt-in advancements that campaign authors can enable in the configuration.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

What shadowm said also applies to the Wolf - Great Wolf - Direwolf line. You do this kind of thing via [campaign] extra_defines=.
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

James_The_Invisible wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:43 am What shadowm said also applies to the Wolf - Great Wolf - Direwolf line. You do this kind of thing via [campaign] extra_defines=.
Where did he say these things?
shadowm wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:10 am The Armageddon Drake, Dwarvish Arcanister, and Orcish Nightblade are actually intentionally designed so that they are opt-in advancements that campaign authors can enable in the configuration.
I don't agree, especially with the orc and the wolves.
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Kylix wrote: July 24th, 2018, 1:19 pm
James_The_Invisible wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:43 am What shadowm said also applies to the Wolf - Great Wolf - Direwolf line. You do this kind of thing via [campaign] extra_defines=.
Where did he say these things?
She did not. I was completing her.