REQ: Add filter drop-down for unit lists

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
paxri01

REQ: Add filter drop-down for unit lists

Post by paxri01 »

Awesome game, thanks so much!

I would like to request a filter drop-down or similar to limit the list of available units to a specific group (i.e. no merman, or only horse units). This would allow for sorting recall units by lvl or XP, etc. and only certain types.

Thanks,
RP
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: REQ: Add filter drop-down for unit lists

Post by Pentarctagon »

Moved to Ideas.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Landiss

Post by Landiss »

Are you really talking about the unit list (alt+u) or about the recall list? I can't speak about the unit list, as I don't use it. But there already is filter in recall list, that works with unit name, type, level and traits. The main issue with it is that it is cleared every time you make a recall.

Also, having a movement column in there would be really great. Usually when I'm specifically looking for some unit that is not simply among my most experienced units, it's something fast moving.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I remembered I suggested a search-functionality (box) for the help menu interface some time ago, so I am all up for improving the sorting in wesnoth in general.

Also the recall interface often confused me when I used it; I preferred certain units over others almost always. Some scenarios require fast movement and so forth.