Campaign dialog log

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Ravana

Re: Campaign dialog log

Post by Ravana » May 28th, 2018, 10:38 am

(This topic was originally created by spambot, but I decided it might be useful to resurrect anyways)
Molean wrote:
April 21st, 2010, 8:04 pm
Sometimes you accidentally click past dialog that is triggered by moving your units to locations (I often do it) As far as I know, the only way to see what you missed is to reload the turn and try to be more careful.

It would be nice if there was a log of campaign dialog you could go into and just see what has been said. Not only for accidentally clicking past missed dialog, but if you have forgotten what has been said awhile back too.

Perhaps the log could also include the text before the map begins? Perhaps the log could show previous maps too?(Only maps strung together into a campaign) Perhaps the log could be part of the save, so that if you revert to a previous save, the log wouldn't potentially become a mess?

Ravana

Post by Ravana » May 28th, 2018, 12:09 pm

Much of this could be implemented by extending wesnoth.wml_actions.message. I have considered doing so, but havent so far.

Landiss

Post by Landiss » June 7th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Oh, that would be really nice to have. I cannot count the times I have missed something due to accidently clicking mouse.