[UMC][art]UMC_Portrait_Book

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
IIIO_METAL

[UMC][art]UMC_Portrait_Book

Post by IIIO_METAL »

Hello, listen to my idea.
A collection of materials that put together safe artworks with no licensing problems from the artwork used in the add-on so far.
In other words, I think that it would be useful if there is an artwork version of UMC_Music_Book.
I think there are a lot of people who came up with this idea, but at the moment there are no similar add-ons on the add-on server uploaded.
If there is no reason to hinder this idea, I would like to make "UMC_Portrait_Book".

I will attach a prototype of "UMC Portrait Book".
In this data, we divide portrait into folders by franken, minor_change, by author. In addition, it includes HTML stating the portrait status.
UMC_Portrait_Book.zip
(1 MiB) Downloaded 389 times
What I would like to ask all of you
1. Is there a demand for this idea?
2. Is there a deficiency in the contents of "UMC_Portrait_Book"?
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
Xara

Re: [UMC][art]UMC_Portrait_Book

Post by Xara »

The art from IIO_METAL folder looks nice. It makes me want to try your campaigns, too bad it can't load on 1.14 (Castle of Evil Spirit).

Personally I wouldn't use the add-on though. Would rather frankenstein my own images to make them unique or to tailor them to my taste.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
ghype

Post by ghype »

i am not exactly sure whats the purpose of this supposed to be?
so you basically just want to make a database with all UMC portraits ever maid and organise them accordingly?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

It perhaps wouldn't be useful to actually make the entire add-on a dependency of anything, but it would at least be quite a bit easier than trying to search through the entire forum.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
IIIO_METAL

Post by IIIO_METAL »

The primary purpose of this add-on is to create a database of portrait images and prepare image sources that can be used by other add-ons.
The second objective is to be able to confirm the creator of the image and the usage conditions (GPL, CC 0, etc.).
I think this is useful not only when using the image as it is but also when looking for materials of Franken Art.

And this add-on saves the actual picture in the internal folder so as not to depend on other add-ons.
In that case, how can I separate folders of images by author? Is it good for different races? Or is there another way to organize it?
Creator of "Mountain Witch" & "Castle of evil spirit"
ghype

Post by ghype »

ok, technically, it is not abad idea to have all portraits (ever made) in one place and them being also somewhat organised.
It is useful for those you do franken portraits as you said, but I have no opinion on wether it is useful to put them all in one add.on or not.

either way I would have loved for this to exist a couple of months ago because I did exactly what you did, just less sophisticated. not true, all I did was to collect them. because I indeed had to do +75 franken portraits