UI Idea

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
KilldraDryll

UI Idea

Post by KilldraDryll »

I am new with this game,but not with genre of the game,so.It would be awesome if you make that golds,units,time etc on that line to be next to the minimap,i mean in down corner.I played turn based games like that,so it would be good if you listen this idea. :)
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Re: UI Idea

Post by max_torch »

Which turn-based game has a UI like that? The idea will probably clearer if you can show a screenshot/snippet
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

The layout of the main game screen is completely customizable in WML (though customizations made for 1.14 will most likely not be compatible with later versions), so you could make a custom theme that does exactly that. The ThemeWML isn't the easiest thing to work with though (which is part of the reason it's going to be replaced).

If you do make such a theme and want to share it, I think it could be put on the addons server somehow.
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
enclave

Post by enclave »

I think somebody need to create s separate theme topic where everyone could share their custom themes if they have such... would be helpful for most people.. for everyone really.. maybe I need to make a theme editor add-on like "image create" add-on... which would show modifications as image, on the fly.. ah it probably won't work with text...
so maybe it should just change theme immediately :D and then u can go back to editing with right click...
Celtic_Minstrel
Developer

Post by Celtic_Minstrel »

If you're suggesting a topic where people can share custom themes made with ThemeWML, I wouldn't recommend that at the moment since they're now deprecated to be removed in 1.15 (a new ThemeWML will probably be created to replace it, but it almost certainly won't be compatible).
Author of The Black Cross of Aleron campaign and Default++ era.
Former maintainer of Steelhive.
enclave

Post by enclave »

It may be a very very very long time until 1.16 (The moment from now until MOST players actually move onto 1.16 server)
Until then people could happily use them.. if they existed.. I can't imagine my life without 1.10 classic theme... thanksfuly somebody created it and built in 1.12 and 1.14..