[mainline] ForestDragon's small ideas

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
ForestDragon

[mainline] ForestDragon's small ideas

Post by ForestDragon »

decided to make a thread for ideas I have for mainline (hope they'll be useful. I'll update the thread every now and then):
WML ideas:
- making some image mods progressive for animations (like, for example "~CS(0~255:100,64~-20:90,0~125:200)") with linger (values remaining at the end state after the duration expires, until the animation ends.)
- "~OFFSET(x,y)" image mod. should be fairly self-explanatory (offsets the image by the number of pixels specified.)
(EDIT: actually already implemented) -parameter for [set_menu_item] that allows players to use the menu even when it's not their turn (though I'm afraid this can lead to OOS)
add-on manager/interface ideas:
-togglable non-intrusive popup on the main menu when there's a new version for an add-on (so players don't have to constantly check the 'updated add-ons' menu') togglable in the settings.
Last edited by ForestDragon on January 23rd, 2018, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: [mainline] ForestDragon's small ideas

Post by Ravana »

3 already exists.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Ravana wrote:3 already exists.
Great! How is it done, though? (adding menus that don't require the user's turn)
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

synced=no
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Ravana wrote:synced=no
ok, thanks.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

more ideas:
-allowing names specifically for a given unit type, independently from the race (can be useful for diverse races like monster/mechanical/wolf (half of the last race being goblin riders, and the other being wild animals))
-image_mod/halo_x/halo_y/halo_mod for unit type WML