Add search function for the campaign menu

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Inky
Forum Moderator

Add search function for the campaign menu

Post by Inky »

I have a ton of add-on campaigns installed, and it makes it very difficult to locate a campaign when I download a new one. While some add-ons are ordered alphabetically, many are in random places. I like keeping add-ons installed because sometimes I want to view replays from the add on and they often don't work without the campaign installed.

It would be very nice to have either have a search box in the campaign menu, or an option to sort them (alphabetically, or by last downloaded).
Can-ned_Food

Re: Add search function for the campaign menu

Post by Can-ned_Food »

What it could use is an internal manager that doesn't load assets from those Campaign add-ons until you attempt to load one of its savegames or replays. Or, you tell it to do so.

It would be nice if more add-on authors had a more modular and librarial (liberal?) approach to their work.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I guess a simple sort-alphabetically would be very easy to add. You only need a button-widget and the associated search functionality right? And update the displayed widget in use.

I know how to do this in ruby + ruby-gnome, no idea how to do so in C++. :D

Perhaps we can get a C++ expert to say which files could be changed to allow for that.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

std::sort would do the trick - it won't be really correct, because it sorts the code points instead of having real lexical sorting, but it would be a start.