Variating unit sprites

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
DeCoolest_Cat

Variating unit sprites

Post by DeCoolest_Cat »

Looks like I'm not dead. I've taken a break for about half a year now, mostly due to lack of inspiration, but now I'm back (probably).

I've picked back up on the singleplayer scenarios idea, and while creating unit sprites for it, I came up with an idea. Everyone knows how the footpad sprite differs with each gender, but what if other units could have that too. For example, the spearman can only be male, but what if there could be a female sprite (not really female, but another "gender" to change how the sprite looks) to change it up aesthetically. This could be a simple change of weapon/shield hands, or something more in-depth. Another example could be the "female" fencer having a hat, or a different posture. I think this could work very well with zombies, as the different "genders" could have different coloring, parts torn off, or more.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I guess I was here in July, although I don't remember creating anything since May or so :/
Author of beta campaign Kalbruk's Journey - My art thread - My collection of single player scenarios: The Archives
Eagle_11

Re: Variating unit sprites

Post by Eagle_11 »

Look into Wolf_Great.cfg of mainline, units can have graphic only [variation]s
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Variating unit sprites

Post by Thrawn »

I'm pretty sure that this falls into CABD--it's just a matter of making the variations yourself/convincing someone to make it
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well