Ghazi Shield Bash from slow to stun

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
DwarvenWarrior

Ghazi Shield Bash from slow to stun

Post by DwarvenWarrior »

Hello guys,

I have played merman campaign (the dead seas) and saw how one unit has an attack that stuns the enemy (the big fish hits target with its tail and stuns you). stunned unit have no zone of control: i.e. like level zero.

I was wonder, is it possible to make Ghazi and Shuja have this weapon special to the shield bash instead of slow special? I think it fits much more, but I have not really considered the balance factor that much in this change.

I nevver seen this abilty except to one unit in a campaign, so i think adding this ability to regular race unit changes the flavor doesnt it?
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Ghazi Shield Bash from slow to stun

Post by Ravana »

Era of Four Moons has unit line with that special.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

I didn't invent stun for Dead Water. It was in Under the Burning Suns first. (It's an option when you level up the leader.) So, it's in two mainline campaigns, and I think it's in more than one add-on.

Slow is a lot more powerful than stun, so it would affect the faction to change it.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
pe_em

Post by pe_em »

I think it's a good idea. A bigger variety of abilities always makes the game more interesting.
beetlenaut wrote:Slow is a lot more powerful than stun, so it would affect the faction to change it.
Yes, but it can always be replaced by:
- more hp
- more damage
- more movement points
Or another bonus. Other solution can be adding stun to slow with a little nerf of a unit.
DwarvenWarrior

Post by DwarvenWarrior »

beetlenaut wrote: Slow is a lot more powerful than stun, so it would affect the faction to change it.
I think stun is devastating if used correctly. Not only that, I rarely use slow for arif and Ghazi, as it has very low chance (1 hit with no marksman). I personally have almost have almost never used slow offensively, but more when retaliating (which is used by AI) just to not die.

anyway, I think shield bash can be used to break formation and then surround a unit to kill it. Thus, having stun although it does less damage in that single hit, it could probably make 3 more units to attack which compensates for that.

so in my opinion stun have different use, and actually is more useful for khalifate than slow (and slow isnt more powerful as it is not even needed). adding the fact that khalifate have limited magical attacks, it makes it necesary to have more units attack one target, and hence stun synergize more with khalifate faction than slow (with fire arrows, and even with arif, as marksman is not exactly magically but a little worse). not only that, but also that khalifate units are a little bit more tanky, and yet have a healer +8, makes them afford to attack not-slowed units. Think of surrounding an enemy with 5 units and then moving the doctor to the middle? all will heal up next turn

I will not ignore the fact that slow can still be useful, especially to catch a leader out of position.

Off. topic: you made Dead Seas campaign? it is by far the best campaign I ever played (it doesnt get boring). I played it like 3 4 times arleady, and now on hardest difficulty XD
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

DwarvenWarrior wrote:Off. topic: you made Dead Seas campaign? it is by far the best campaign I ever played
Check my forum signature! I'm glad you like it.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide