A Suggestion for Leadership.

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Torgama

A Suggestion for Leadership.

Post by Torgama »

İ seem leadership ability on Survival Xtreme maps. there was level 5 leadership also effects on friendly units from other sides and it was also effecting to the unit with leadership itself. İ think leadership must effect on friendly units from other sides too. İ always complained something like that 'grand marshall is poor'. İ just dont wanna see weak units with leadership ability. This SX leadership also gave me another idea: The unit with leadership can fight better if its nearby to another friendly unit. İts logical and can make the balance that i want :D This can be as the low level unit is near to unit with leadership; the higher damage the unit with leadership does.
Also you can make balance with replacing general and grand marshal with Konrad's unit. With that way loyalists wont have level 4 leadership but 3 with more powerful unit.
Thanks if you care, i dont mind if you dont :D İ'm waiting other suggestions about this from other players.

Firefox described some of what i wanna say and also suggested something can replace my suggest:
your idea was to enhance the leadership ability so that the "leading" unit also gets a bonus when it "leads" others. (?)
or to describe it more simple: the grand marshall gets an ego boost when he protects the weak.
this idea sounds very interesting.
but i think that leadership and this ability on a single unit would make it very powerful.
i would suggest to make it a seperate ability.

Developer beetlenaut elected one of my suggest as 'wont be done' : there only left change about leadership ability.
The developers aren't going to add anything to the multiplayer factions. The factions are very carefully balanced, and it has taken years of work to get them in this state. Adding a unit to one would change them too much.
Last edited by Torgama on November 24th, 2014, 7:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
firefox

Re: A Suggestion for Leadership.

Post by firefox »

İ'm waiting other suggestions about this from other players.
:geek: here i go:
İ just dont wanna see weak units with leadership ability.
:eng: to balance the bonus that is granted by leadership, the unit itself has to recieve an equal malus.
only hero units for campaigns are allowed to be powerful and have abilities.
Also you can make balance with replacing general and grand marshal with Konrad's unit.
konrad is a hero unit from a campaign. i doubt that he is balanced for multiplayer games. :hmm:

:eng: the leutenant/general is not a unit that the loyalists normally have. he can only be selected as a leader and cannot be obtained by other ways.
of course he is weaker than the pikeman or swordsman but therefore he has leadership, a ranged attack and better movement.
as a leader unit, he is good for castle hopping and he can quickly move behind the lines to grant his leadership bonus to everyone.

if you don't like him, then you can just select another leader.

also "survival extreme" is a special scenario. it works completely different from normal multiplayer games.
you cannot compare special units or abilities from this with the default era.

that's my reply.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
Torgama

Post by Torgama »

İ have heard all of these already something like have leadership and can use it. How you will know if developers think to add a hero unit to multiplayer factions? İ wanted to see suggestions. Not someone wanna break mine.
firefox

Post by firefox »

i apologize for "breaking" your idea, it was not intended this way. :oops:
from what you wrote so far, i figured that you wanted to replace the leutenant with konrad, because he is weak.

:hmm: i read the post aggain to find out what you meant and i guess its this:
your idea was to enhance the leadership ability so that the "leading" unit also gets a bonus when it "leads" others. (?)
or to describe it more simple: the grand marshall gets an ego boost when he protects the weak.

this idea sounds very interesting.
but i think that leadership and this ability on a single unit would make it very powerful.
i would suggest to make it a seperate ability.
may the source be with you
=(^.^)= nyan~
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

The developers aren't going to add anything to the multiplayer factions. The factions are very carefully balanced, and it has taken years of work to get them in this state. Adding a unit to one would change them too much.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide