[Mainline] on the subject of Nagas

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Rocardio

[Mainline] on the subject of Nagas

Post by Rocardio »

On the subject of Nagas, I recently played a campaign in which Nagas were granted a samll persantage of mageic, I am posting a set of Naga-magic users who would hopefully be somewhat balanced they are designed to be weak, as it balances with other warriors of their faction (blade warriors and such)

Naga mage.
Young nagas who have seen an apptitude of knowledge, they are considered geniuses withen their own societys and deserve to be tereated as such, as the trials of being a mage in the caste system are a great reward, from the tasks that these mages have performed, in the deep, dark and unknown of the sea.

Naga Mystic
Geniuses and leaders in both spirit and courage in the deepest reachs of seas and swamps, they natrually challenge any foe with the unknown magic of the lizards: They have faced worse foes in the dark trials of Nagaean society, which rivals even the adepts of other races, but infanitly more in the sea

Naga Magician
The leaders of the naga in spirit and knowledge, whatever they possess, the strength of these warriors not only rely in their magic, but in the dark fear of whatever magic they incarnate on earth, most feared and revered and feared by any naga, and anyone who sees them and lives to tell the tail. They are ancients, of Naga, living a ironically pleantiful life in Naga life, anyone is to be considered a king by trial of ancestors and by right, the people certianly fear them eneough.

Naga legionaire.
An old, ancient creature, if not in age then by magic, rarly seen in a lifetime, as few survive the trials of becoming of such high power, or surviving when they were the "legionairs" (as told by them) in their olden times, whether this is true or not is the question, are these fake, dark sorcerers, of powerful blasphamy? or "soldiers" in a merman-naga empire of ancient times, with remencents of even mermaid magic? answer either way, you will get your head cut off.

I was also thinking of adding an ambush ability to ome of these units, feedback welcome.

You may not use, edit, or otherwise publsih this work unless directed by the author, in any creative or other means (as approved) not claimed or otherwise demonstonstrated as being the sole property of anyone but the respictave author.
alluton

Re: [Mainline] on the subject of Nagas

Post by alluton »

I'm not sure what you are actually suggesting. If you even are suggesting anything. But since you have [Mainline] in your title I suppose you'd want these units to be added to orcs. Adding units to mainline needs very good arguments. Currently you just have description of a few units and no other reason to include them but that you think they are cool because of some campaign.
"This game cured me of my real life addiction."
-Flameslash
Groggy_Dice
Inactive Developer

Re: [Mainline] on the subject of Nagas

Post by Groggy_Dice »

Rocardio wrote:You may not use, edit, or otherwise publsih this work unless directed by the author, in any creative or other means (as approved) not claimed or otherwise demonstonstrated as being the sole property of anyone but the respictave author.
In case you are not aware, Wesnoth is distributed under the GPL. Arguably, what you have already posted is a derivative work of Wesnoth and is already subject to the GPL. (This point could probably be disputed, since Wesnoth did not originate the concept of nagas.) No one is really going to contest the issue while your ideas are simply a forum post. However, if you really want to get these units into mainline, they would definitely come under the GPL. And if you choose to upload these units in an add-on, uploads to the official server must be licensed under the GPL as well.
Ports:
Prudence (Josh Roby) | By the Sword (monochromatic) | The Eight of Cembulad (Lintana~ & WYRMY)
Resources:
UMC Timeline (Dec) | List of Unported UMC (Dec) | wmllint++ (Feb)