put english name in the description

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
SatHyre

put english name in the description

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
can you put the english name of the units in the description even if you dont set english as your language?
let me explain : i set french as my language. but during game, we talk in english. and when my teammate talks about units, i dont know which units he talks (unless he gives the unit's position). very helpful.
GunChleoc
Translator

Re: put english name in the description

Post by GunChleoc »

You might find the unit list useful then:

http://www.wesnoth.org/units/1.10/mainl ... nline.html

Click on the unit, then change the language in the menu on the bottom left to switch between French and English.

Maybe this could be an option in Multiplayer in the future, that players can choose the unit language separately from the general language?
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

GunChleoc wrote:Click on the unit, then change the language in the menu on the bottom left to switch between French and English.
i dont see that option on my wesnoth. the only way to change the language is in the main menu.
GunChleoc wrote:Maybe this could be an option in Multiplayer in the future, that players can choose the unit language separately from the general language?
yes. good idea.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Post by JaMiT »

SatHyre wrote:
GunChleoc wrote:Click on the unit, then change the language in the menu on the bottom left to switch between French and English.
i dont see that option on my wesnoth.
Nor should you, as you changed the context of what GunChleoc wrote:
GunChleoc wrote:You might find the unit list useful then:

http://www.wesnoth.org/units/1.10/mainl ... nline.html

Click on the unit, then change the language in the menu on the bottom left to switch between French and English.
Go to the specified web page, then click the unit on that web page. The menu in question is on the bottom left of the web page you go to. (Actually, it's also on the page you were on before clicking the unit. Oh, and look more "left" than "bottom" -- it's towards the bottom of the leftmost column, not necessarily at the bottom of the page.)