[mainline ] equipment

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
silviaccio1

[mainline ] equipment

Post by silviaccio1 »

It would be nice if one can change/improve troops equipment.
As example, if I have few money I could think to recruit elf archers without any sword to save money. Or, again , I can made them more tough in melee combat giving them a small shiel. And so on.
Dugi

Re: [mainline ] equipment

Post by Dugi »

There are add-ons with possibilities of equipment (like mine). This idea for mainline was rejected so many times, but I still wish you good luck to speak like Cicero and persuade them.

Edit to avoid miscomprehension: My campaign, Legend of the Invincibles, is not a RPG campaign, it is just a campaign with RPG features.
Last edited by Dugi on February 4th, 2013, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

As much as I love that idea and would love to see it happen, it's not going to happen (probably) as it is completely different to what wesnoth actually is, as Dugi said. This kind of stuff belongs perfectly in UMC content and if you want it there are plenty of great UMC which have this kind of stuff. (I've not been around for a while so I can't name any recent ones, but I remember that someone made some really cool rpg like campaign a while back, only had two or three maps in it, but the whole thing was impressively scripted like you talked about; from what Dugi says his campaign is similar).
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

This is more or less Frequently Proposed Idea #5.

Locked.