Experience for Level 0 units

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
junoslord

Experience for Level 0 units

Post by junoslord »

I think, and was wondering what others thought, about giving level 0 units that attack, or defend, against other level 0 units 1xp.

I understand not giving xp to higher level units for beating up the little guy. But when the little guys slug it out they should get something for it.
America-- Land of the Free, home of the Brave! "And now that we've taken care of the Braves we're coming after the Free."

"BANNED!!! What the hell do you mean BANNED? All I did was call one narrow-minded, power-hungry Nazi moderator a narrow-minded, power-hungry Nazi!"
tr0ll

Re: Experience for Level 0 units

Post by tr0ll »

level 0 (and other) units do indeed get experience for killing the enemy or for just surviving an attack
i guess you are refering to the special case where level 0 units dont kill each other - thats just playing :mrgreen:
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Junoslord: That would complicate the rules (which is bad), for something that is pretty minor (do you want to turn this into the NFL?). Level 0s slugging it out has value even without XP being gained - there is some reason why they are slugging it out, right? One of them was a defensive line or something like that, so the strategic or tactical part they play has value.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

I actually like the idea. I mean, surely a peasant who has slain thousands of goblin spearmen would be a bit stronger than a peasant who stabbed a wounded orc once? Sure, it'd complicate the rules slightly, but not very much.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

It would throw off balance. Not going to happen in mainline.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
The_Black_Sword

Post by The_Black_Sword »

If he's killed thousands of goblin spearmen he's got 4 thousands experience :P .
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Oops. I meant battled.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

How about giving 0.5 experience for fighting level 0 units, to make the rewards perfectly a half of the reward for level 1 units? :lol2:

Now seriously, you can make from it an experimental MP modification, and maybe people will like it so much that it'll become mainline.