new unit "traits" ideas

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
lucienium

new unit "traits" ideas

Post by lucienium »

skilled -> increases hit percent of all attacks by 5% (10% is too high)

agile -> increases defense in all terrain by 5% (again, 10% is too high)

[suggest a name] -> increased evade against magic attacks by 10% (bringing the hit percent down to 60)

[suggest a name] -> unit recovers 2HP during the start of its owner's turn even if it moved and/or attacked during the last turn. (normal units recover only when they neither move nor attack)

...is it possible to have any of these traits implemented? if you guys don't agree, can anyone at least tell me how they can be coded into the game (apply_to=hitpercent??? ...also apply_to=defense???) so i check whether or not they make the game imbalanced
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

well, balancing isn't really the issue, logicality is, for me at least...

but since you want to do it, fine. it can't be done in WML, if thats what you're asking... do you mean actual coding?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Doros

Post by Doros »

I believe it's pretty much been stated that the Wesnoth system is feature complete, and will not contain any new ideas like this. This is also a particularly bad time for new traits, as it requires rebalancing every unit and every campaign, and right now the developers are trying to push for a 1.0 release. Also, getting a couple of those traits (especially in a campaign) would really be a nuisance. Honestly, how often do you get hit with a magical attack?
scott

Post by scott »

That last suggestion is like Jetryl's variable regeneration idea.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.