New type of TEAM multiplayer game, mates moves at same time

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
igor

New type of TEAM multiplayer game, mates moves at same time

Post by igor »

New type of TEAM multiplayer game, where all mates do moves at the same time (I propose to add, not modify current type. Players may choose standard type of team game or this type)

What?:
I like to play team games. And have many friends in game. When we all in lobby at the same time usually we all wants to play together. Its about 6-8 players. I propose to develop a new type of TEAM multiplayer game where all teammates do his moves at the same time. Balance will be not changed.

Why?:
1. When we play 3vs3 game it takes a lot of time, usually its about 4 hours, 5/6 of this time you must look other players moves. When 8 players want to play together – it takes so many uneffective time and thats why nobody want to play 3vs3 and 4vs4 games. My proposition will save a time.
2. If that will save a time, now we can play BIG maps and 4vs4 games. So a BIG map for a short time in 4vs4 or 3vs3 game will be cool, on my mind. Its because all team members do moves faster than 1 player.
3. Sequence of turns will be intuitive. Do not be such that your turn are between the two opponents turns and then turns of your 2 teammates (in 3vs3 game), I think it is inconvenient for everyone. No need to keep in mind the sequence of turns of the enemy, it will not matter. 3vs3 (and 4vs4) will be played like 1vs1 game and 3vs3vs3 will be like 1vs1vs1 game.
Teammates do moves at the same time so… also, I propose:
1. to make possible for presenting units to teammates (by change the color of unit, for example or other).
2. To easy give control of your units for somebody in a team if u need to be away from keyboard during some time (at work, for example). Game will still continue in that case. It may do a capt. of a team, for example. So we need a capt. of each teams :)
3. Timer in game with timer will work for team (not for each player)

How?:
We may discuss if this idea are interesting.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: New type of TEAM multiplayer game, mates moves at same t

Post by Gambit »

You should also read this.

Might want to try the whiteboard system in 1.10 as well.