[mainline] Chocobone resistances

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
alexanderthegre

[mainline] Chocobone resistances

Post by alexanderthegre »

I have been noticing that the Chocobone's resistances and movement costs do not conform to what they should be.
For instance, they are a mounted unit, and yet the can move (quite quickly) on mountains.
Their resistances are out of sync with other skeleton units: (chocobone is left, revenant is right)
arcane: -50 vs. -50
blade: +10 vs. +40
cold: +60 vs. +60
fire: -20 vs. -20
impact: -10 vs. -20
pierce: +30 vs. +60
I know that mounted units generally have pierce vulnerability, but these are skeletons, mounted on skeletons. The lack of impact vulnerability is also slightly odd; they are still skeletons, and Revenants aren't wearing any more armor than they are.
I suggest making the Chocobone's resistances more similar to that of other skeleton units, and making them not able to move on mountains.
Raket

Re: Chocobone resistances

Post by Raket »

I think the reason for Chocobones being able to go on mountains is because skeletons do not feel boredom or fatigue,
so they can keep on walking/climbing without needing a pause. It is also said in the description that it is based on
ostrich-like large birds, so they are not like horses which can't traverse mountains.
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

They're based on Chocobos, in fact. Also consider the the Elf scout is another mounted unit that can move on mountains. The chocobone's resistances to mundane damage types were probably in my best guess, flattened toward 0 for balance reasons. I suspect this is related to managing retaliation for its charge attack (double retaliation doesn't mean as much when damage is already halved, and doubled retaliation is a lot on top of a weakness.) Again, this is all conjecture.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Given that they are a campaign only unit, I suppose it is easier to make "flavor" changes.