[UMC] Extended character stats

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Crow_T

[UMC] Extended character stats

Post by Crow_T » January 11th, 2012, 2:06 am

Some of the fun of this game comes from being able to recall characters- you get sentimental favorites after a while. It would be cool if there were individual stats for the members of your army (or even just top ten or whatever) that kept track of kills, damage dealt/received, distance traveled, hit percentage, houses taken, etc. Give them gold stars for killing a leader :) I think it would add some interest to the recruited characters, and be fun to check after a campaign. Plus, for a challenge people could try getting all leader kills with one character, try to get x amount of kills with one or multiple characters, etc.

Edit: I think having the top 5 in some categories, kills, damage dealt, damage taken, leader kills, distance traveled, units healed, may be a good simple way to not keep track of every recruit, but also display the other stats as well for the top fives.

Xudo

Re: Extended character stats

Post by Xudo » January 11th, 2012, 9:01 am

CABD by WML::Persistent Data but only for UMC campaign.
Try it, you will get wonderful feeling, when your creation begin work.
You can get even cooler feeling when your campaign will be accepted by a lot of players and heavily played.

Gambit
Loose Screw

Re: Extended character stats

Post by Gambit » January 11th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Thanks to a lua hack, you can make an add-on that does this globally (including all single player campaigns) just by being installed. Just make sure to never ever modify the game state or you will cause OOS in MP.

I had actually planned to do this some day. Stat tracking and trophies and stuff.

Crow_T

Re: [UMC] Extended character stats

Post by Crow_T » January 12th, 2012, 6:41 pm

I had actually planned to do this some day. Stat tracking and trophies and stuff.
Great news! I wonder if this could qualify as a gsoc project as well, might be a nice project for someone new.

Crow_T

Post by Crow_T » January 25th, 2012, 2:55 am

Eh, why was the title changed to have UMC in it? This could work in mainline campaigns as well.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » January 25th, 2012, 10:28 am

Any examples?

Crow_T

Post by Crow_T » April 12th, 2012, 11:35 pm

The only example I can think of atm are Perfect Dark MP stats, they are pretty comprehensive.