Speedy replay to slowie replay?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Desertofsounds1

Speedy replay to slowie replay?

Post by Desertofsounds1 »

So when you choose the speed replay when you observe a game, how about if you could easily change it to normal speed replay.

I often disconnected in the middle of the replay while observing a long game, if we could do what I proposed above, we could use the fast replay until the turn I disconnected and then choose to normal speep replay.

I'm not sure if this can be done already, but if it's already done, could someone tell the stupid n00b how it's done. :P
done done done done done.
Caphriel

Re: Speedy replay to slowie replay?

Post by Caphriel »

In preferences, you can set the speed of all animation by checking the box for "Accelerated Speed" in the general options and moving the slider. Now, by itself that's not too useful for what you want, but if you hold shift, it acts as a temporary toggle between accelerated and normal. So if you are running under accelerated speed, it'll run at 1x while you hold shift. If you're running with that box unchecked, holding shift will run playback at whatever speed multiplier the slider is set to. I find this useful for exactly the purpose you describe :) It's not a perfect solution, but it works.
Desertofsounds1

Post by Desertofsounds1 »

Ty ty.

I try that
Zaroth
Inactive Developer

Post by Zaroth »

You may also want to try ctrl+a shortcut so you don't have to hold shift all the time ;-)
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

:!: Neat. For my case, I tend to tap shift a lot to accelerate attacks and recruiting, so it doesn't save me much effort, but that's much more convenient for catching up on replays. Thank you.