[mainline?] Recruiting animation

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Desertofsounds1

[mainline?] Recruiting animation

Post by Desertofsounds1 »

How about units like lietenants / elvish captains do their 'leadership thingy with sword' animation when they recruit?

Like dark sorcerers do when they recruit?
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Re: [mainline?] Recruiting animation

Post by thespaceinvader »

Units which have such animations are already wired, IIRC, to do them when they recruit. The trouble is that quite a few such animations are missing ;)
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Desertofsounds1

Post by Desertofsounds1 »

OMG
This sucks!
I'm gonna quit the game because of this!

:)
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Lemming wrote:OMG
This sucks!

:| There's another forum I haunt where people do this. Here's what the development team did about it:

Nothing.

Remember that the people who animate for Wesnoth do it for only about $250 per entire unit that they animate. It can take months to do that for some people. They're not just going to appear out of thin air because you're threatening to quit.

You're not paying Wesnoth anything, and to be honest, I don't think you can expect you to get whatever you want for free in this game. Besides, if you really want these animations, why not make them yourself? :hmm:
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Lemming wrote:OMG
This sucks!

Assuming you’re just joking, there’s really no point for this thread to continue to be open to replies here. The artwork needs to be done, and it’s currently amongst the lowest-priority tasks for the core art developers. Other people are welcome to contribute animations for the game, nonetheless; the Art Contributions forum was created for that purpose.

If you aren’t joking, then, well... I don’t know, I guess we can live with one player less. ;)

Locked.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.