Injustice!

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
T-virus

Injustice!

Post by T-virus »

why the bit costs 13 gold and is level 0 being that brutamonte orc cost 12 gold 13 gold level 1 eo trol cost?
PeterPorty
Translator

Re: Injustice!

Post by PeterPorty »

I would suggest rephrasing that, I am not a native speaker of english, but still, I don't understand. I guess the 'bit' is the bat? And brutamonte is grunt, right? Well, the bat flies, and has several moevement points. I guess that's the reason for it costing 1 more gold. Flying gives several features, in case you were wondering.
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Clearly this situation is unbalanced. We must make the orcish grunt cost zero upkeep and give drain on his melee attack

8)

(no, not serious)
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Also, factions are balanced, not units. A Clasher only costs 2 more than a Cavalryman, but it's almost impossible for a Cavalryman to win except for an extremely bad swing of RNG.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

PeterPorty wrote:I would suggest rephrasing that, I am not a native speaker of english, but still, I don't understand. I guess the 'bit' is the bat? And brutamonte is grunt, right? Well, the bat flies, and has several moevement points. I guess that's the reason for it costing 1 more gold. Flying gives several features, in case you were wondering.
:shock: :o :)
Now as you interpret it, the post actually makes sense. I'm impressed!

To everybody interested in how the balancing (at least costwise) developed, a look through ancient changelogs could be interesting.
I'm just noticing that the current changelog file only goes back to 1.3 where most of the balancing was finished. Are the older ones available?

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Max

Post by Max »

the full changelog starts with 0.2
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well... bats haves 0 of upkeep, that thing does the bats a good unit, it flies and haves 8 of movement, helpful to take more villages.

Yay, in combat is weak, but if you buy bats to fight should be fool. The use of the bats is for blocking squares, taking neutral and enemies villages and to kill very injured units. A bat, in a game can do more than an orcish grunt. Not fighting, but doing other things yes ;)
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Zachron

Post by Zachron »

Not to mention that a bat is not 'bad" in a fight... they just aren't "good" either. And if you do manage to level one up, it does swing things in your favor quite a bit.
Project Battlescar: An rpg engine of my own design.
http://battlescar.wikispaces.com/
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Sigh.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.