My awesome multiplayer sugguestions

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
phutres

My awesome multiplayer sugguestions

Post by phutres »

Here are my amazingly well thought out ideas: :eng:

1. Ability to save and load multiplayer map, allowing former participants to rejoin. This is primarily useful for lan games, and would allow epic multi-session battles.

2. Ability to save/recall units in multiplayer mode. this would be useful if playing multiple matches against the same opponents, as in a lan game, and leads me to the next:

3. Multiplayer campaigns. If the first two were implemented, one could play "campaign" style multiplayer games, either cooperatively or competitively, using randomly generated maps.

3.5 Perhaps there is a way for a human to take over for enemy factions ai in single player campaign?

I have a broken right wrist atm, please excuse the sparseness of this one-handed post.

I have been a fan of wesnoth since the .8x days, these are by no means demands or complaints, rather ideas on how to make an awesome free game better.

-P
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My awesome multiplayer sugguestions

Post by Ken_Oh »

All of these are possible and have been done (well, not sure if 3.5 has been done, but it's not outside the scope of WML). Do a little research into the add-ons list.
phutres

Post by phutres »

Ken_Oh wrote:All of these are possible and have been done (well, not sure if 3.5 has been done, but it's not outside the scope of WML). Do a little research into the add-ons list.
All I see that resembles this is multiplayer scenarios to download. my primary suggestion was minor modifications to the game itself to allow multiple matches to be played in a row with unit recall, without downloading a campaign. a unit list that persists on the server between normal randomly generated multiplayer maps.

that is to say, if those features were added to the game, why does mine not have them?

On a different note that ad-on list page is horrible to navigate, and cant be fixed by the public. I think they need a competent web designer.
catwhowalksbyhimself

Post by catwhowalksbyhimself »

that is to say, if those features were added to the game, why does mine not have them?
Because no map set ups use them, that's way. It's a user driven game. If a player like you doesn't make something, it doesn't get added to the game.
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

You can do all that, If you want to ask me how to do it, send me a pm tomorrow... or whenever you want, I'll answer tomorrow though. In fact all can be easily done... maybe 3.5 is a little harder, but it can all be done.
phutres wrote: On a different note that ad-on list page is horrible to navigate, and cant be fixed by the public. I think they need a competent web designer.
Dude... for that I won't help you out. If you think it's not good, do it yourself, send it to someone and if he likes your idea, voilá.
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

What's wrong with the add-ons list? I would say it USED to be horrible, what with no filters and no descriptions (you had to judge if something was good by the thumbnail and title, which, if it was good, was used to cover up the fact that the add on sucked.).

Not to offend you, but you mentioned in the title that your ideas were "awesome" and in your post you said your ideas were "amazingly well thought out" but, they're already possible, and I haven't met a single person who hasn't had those ideas. (I'm exaggerating, because this forum is full of literals that will say: "Oh, not EVERYONE has had these ideas.")

3.5: Isn't that cheating? Isn't debug mode enough for cheating?

Also, if you are running 1.8.x there is a Legend of Wesmere co-op campaign. And there was one called the Haunted Woods or something like that. Quite frankly, I would also kill for some more co-op campaigns.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

1. Already exists. Check out the menu.
2. Can be done, but someone has to make it.
3. Can be done, but someone has to make it.
3.5 Use the droid command.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

"Awesome"?... ..."well thought-out"?.... :|

Happy opposites day, everyone!
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

ummm.... unhappy non-opposites not day, nobody¡
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
Tshemmp

Post by Tshemmp »

there are so many multiplayer campaigns:
wesband, legend of wesmere, love to death, haunted woods, 1v1 campaign "Tug of war", 7 seasons...
just check the add-on list :wink:
Theoretically there is no difference between theory and practice. Practically there is.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

@Tshemmp: You may have already been told, but in case not: you should remove the colors from your signature. Colors are used only by moderators and administrators. :)
Tshemmp

Post by Tshemmp »

Sorry, I didn't know that. :oops: I just read it somewhere else and removed it immidiatly. It wont happen again.
Theoretically there is no difference between theory and practice. Practically there is.