Description/Artwork Drake Fighter

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Circumflex

Description/Artwork Drake Fighter

Post by Circumflex »

In the description of the leveled Drake Fighter it says that he gets an extraordinary good black armor (also for showing he is special etc.). But he doesn't get a defense/resistance bonus compared to unupgraded Fighter as far as i can see. This seems to be the case with a lot of tier 3 units and some level 2 units.
Now i know it isn't that important, still it bothers me somehow (and i think it would be easy to fix such descriptions into "His new armor isn't really more durable or harder than the one of lesser Drakes. Still he wears it to show his status of an experienced Fighter to other Drakes without having to break their neck to prove it.")
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Re: Description/Artwork Drake Fighter

Post by thespaceinvader »

Nowhere in the description does it mention quality, only colour:
Black armor marks the elite order of the Fighter caste: the Blademasters. Only a few manage to gain the skill and power necessary to be admitted to this highest rank without perishing in battle. Though other drakes may disparage the Fighter caste, they always check twice to be sure none are around; Blademasters fiercely protect their fellows' honor, and no-one would dispute their right to do so.
So no, no alteration is necessary for fluff reasons.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
pauxlo

Re: Description/Artwork Drake Fighter

Post by pauxlo »

Also, better armor often comes in the form of "more hitpoints".