Game remembering settings, password, scroll bar issue

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Molean

Game remembering settings, password, scroll bar issue

Post by Molean »

It would be nice if the game remembered the settings you choose for different things last time you were on, and used them again. There could be a option to have it forget settings, or possibly instead a option to have X setting always on.

Case in point, in the lobby there is a option to see only games with vacant slots. I want that always enabled, rather then disabled every time I come into the lobby. See all those games listed causes my computer to freeze up a bit, its hard to even select the option to enable vacant slots only. With those with faster computers, its one less hassle having to click on that box every time.

Another issue is that when the game list changes, the scrolling keeps twitching around, making it hard to keep observing the games you were. Vacant slot games are usually so few that it doesn't even need scrolling, so that is no longer a issue. This issue of the scroll bar moving around every time the game list changes also should be fixed independently IMO.(maybe this belongs in bug reports instead?)

I would like it so that the game remembers my password every time I log in using that name too. Which is sort of another setting for the game to remember.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Game remembering settings, password, scroll bar issue

Post by Velensk »

I think it already does this (there is a little box that says remember password.

As for the rest of the stuff take a look at the threads in the user forums.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Molean

Post by Molean »

What threads in the user forum? I did a search on "vacant slots" for that forum and came up with only 4 topics, none of which apply.

There is a box that says next to it "save password to preferences (clear text)" But checking that box doesn't cause it to remember the password.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

There is a box that says next to it "save password to preferences (clear text)" But checking that box doesn't cause it to remember the password.
If this is the case then yours dosn't work. I never have to type in my password.

As for the rest I was actually talking about your complaints about the bugs on the 1.8 server. There are numerous threads about it in the user forum.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Molean

Post by Molean »

You only even need a password if you use the exact same name as that on the forum. So maybe your name is different then that on the forum?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Not so. I usually appear on the server as Velensk.

EDITED: to remove redundancy.