Different Leader= Different Recruitable Units?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Dragonchampion

Different Leader= Different Recruitable Units?

Post by Dragonchampion »

Would it be possible to make it so that, for instance, if you picked Undead, you would sort of know what you were going to get, but if you chose a Dark Sorcerer as a leader, you can recruit Ghouls, while a Dark Archer (or whatever) can recruit Skele Archers that have less exp to level up or something.

Just a little thought by me.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Lord Ork
Code Contributor

Re: Different Leader= Different Recruitable Units?

Post by Lord Ork »

Yes we can.

But we must implement it in the scenario WML!
It is ok to correct me if my English is too bad.

Working on Cunnicula Civil War
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

What he said. There's nothing stopping you from doing it, you just actually have to do the WML for it.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Make each leader a faction?
Lord Ork
Code Contributor

Post by Lord Ork »

No need to do that. You can already modify recruit list. I think that it is with allow_recruit and disallow_recruit commands.
It is ok to correct me if my English is too bad.

Working on Cunnicula Civil War
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Dragonchampion wrote:recruit Skele Archers that have less exp to level up or something.
And is this possible too, maybe even on costs?

It would certainly be interesting to have an Era for people to go "Clasher Drakes", "Magisterium", "Berserkclan" or "Raider Orcs".
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

This would be pretty darn cool. The only thing is, with the campaigns, the only code I have seen for allowing recruits goes with name or movehere. In other words, you would probably have to program this in with the map :hmm:

if i'm wrong, tell me, I'm kinda thinking of making something like this (Yes, this post gave me the idea.) for my little brothers birthday party, and doing it for the map would be tedious.

Of course, this would mean we would have to have at least 5 new units for the undead, for example, provided that there are 3 leaders. Yeah. Lots of new unit chains. So, maybe it could be subdivided, like dark magicians (still using undead), skeletons, and corpses.

ulfgur
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Not really.
Unless I'm mistaken once you set the recruits they stay set that way till you specifically disallow them. Even if this isn't the case, you could quite easily create a macro so that you'd only have to write all the code once, then you'd be able to apply it anywhere.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
ulfgur

Post by ulfgur »

True.

ulfgur
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

There's also the choose your own recruits era. You could look at the code for that and see if it might allow for, perhaps, choosing a 'faction' at the start of a battle.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.