reducing save/loading

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
peet

Re: reducing save/loading

Post by peet »

OK, I confess! I saveload!
:shock: :oops: :mrgreen:

And quite frankly, I would find the game less fun if I couldn't.

This is because I enjoy the exploratory aspect of the game. I like unlocking characters, revealing storyline, and getting a good result. On the other hand, I'm not really willing to spend the time to become an ace at the game.

So that means if I screw something up and lose a key guy, I'm not willing to start the scenario over. And I'm not willing to let a guy go whom I've invested my time in leveling up. If I get a bad roll on the RNG at a critical time, I load again. I know bad rolls are a part of the game but I can't be bothered to spend the time to do the whole thing over again.

And you know what? I don't really feel guilty. I'm not competing with anyone, and I don't win anything for finishing a scenario. I just have fun. And that's the thing about a GPL game - I can play it however I want.

Sometimes I hack things into the campaigns I play to make them more enjoyable for me. I give my main character/leader some AMLA options. I play with the units a bit to make them more interesting. I don't consider any of this "cheating" because I'm playing the game with the objective of having a good time.

So I'm against changing the game that would eliminate saveloading. If you want to add a little box that will "restrict saves to scenario start" then go ahead - as long as I can uncheck it.

Peet