gold statistics

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
nnn

gold statistics

Post by nnn »

my last "ideas" i posted here are still without any comment, but still i make a next one ...

i would like to see some more values in the statistics dialog that cover the aspect of income etc:

a) Total Income the player has got
b) Total Upkeep payed (that was not covered by villages)
c) Total gold spent on units

so that in a "normal" game starting_gold + a - b - c = current_gold

for some campaingns there could also be "gold income from events" and "gold spent in events"
what could lead also to "units gotten by events" ... this could also be there to list units gotten by "plague" so it would already be usefull in standard games using the mainline era.

I think in the dialog there is enough space for this, and the aditional data won't blow up save files so much
Nebiros

Re: gold statistics

Post by Nebiros »

Seems reasonable.

But I don't think it should go in the statistics box, because you can't currently view statistics for players other than yourself. It should go in the status table. You should be able to see these amounts for any player on your team, and if there is no fog and no shroud, any player in the game.

In both cases it's nothing you couldn't do with paper and pencil or estimate in your head, but one is a nuisance and the other unreliable (and both distracting). So let the computer do the bookkeeping.
nnn

Post by nnn »

wow a reply :D

yes, you are right, but i also suggested in another thread
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20591
to make stats visible for other players of team / no fog ...

i would also like to see this two dialogs being merged to one, this would even remove complexity from the UI
the rows could be rotated to columns, and then use a scrollbar instead of multiple pages.
hiro hito

Post by hiro hito »

"Of course His Majesty is a pacifist. When I told him that to initiate war was a mistake, he agreed.Thus, gradually, he began to lead toward war."-Emperor Shòwa (Enlightened Peace)'s chief cabinet secretary
nnn

Post by nnn »

Sorry that i stole your idea, seems i was incompetent to use google on the board and i havent seen similar in the last 3 pages here.

But to bring my stupid ideas to an end, i painted a bit arroud to show how i could imagine the "status table" to be.

Idea is to also include the information of the statistics dialog and those i would also like to have there. Problem is maybe that this would need a kind of "TreeGrid" control insted of the "ListBox" like ones that are used atm. And also it would need scrollbars for vertical AND horizontal, what i would not consider optimal.

But whatever maybe it inspires someone
Attachments
unfolded to see all information
unfolded to see all information
folded (default)
folded (default)
small.PNG (14.56 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Lol at fraction instead of faction.
nnn

Post by nnn »

oh lol sorry, i feel ashame but not enougth to change that now

as you may have noticed im no native english speaker and in german a common translation for "faction" is "Fraction" ...
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Heh, same in dutch, in parliament, every party with members in there is called a 'fractie', which is pretty much the dutch version of 'fraction' even though the meaning is much closer to 'faction'.
Fosprey

Post by Fosprey »

I really like the idea, this is the kind of stats that could write down, so why not make wesnoth write it down for you? and it's also helpful, the most helpful information would be the gold you have spent in upkeep.
teg

Post by teg »

I like the idea to have more statistics about the game, about gold (income, upkeep, spent gold) and damage/kills.

An additional feature would be to see the statistics of the opponents at the end of the game, when hiding opponents' informations doesn't matter anymore.
As a game in Wesnoth 1.4 ends without quitting, this could be used to open a stat window(s) or to allow to open it using the menu (and/or hotkeys).

A complete statistics screen/window at the end can be useful to analyze more deeply the game. I remember that Warcraft III has such a system.
nnn

Post by nnn »

Yeah thats it: for me it looks like that atm when a game ends everyone bekomes observer ... so if observers would have all those nice features ... this would be the final usecase