idea about human unit - stronger than attacker

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Elven

idea about human unit - stronger than attacker

Post by Elven »

human attacker is a powerful unit. but it cannot improve to a more powerful unit. so attacker is lv2 and cannot be upgraded to lv3.

at lv3 maybe can be a new unit (with some intelligent name)

changes against attacker:
+ a bit better attack, hitpoints
+ very weak ranged attack (throwing spear?). for example damage 9-1
+ better deffence against blades (+10 perc.)
- a bit less movement points

this unit will still have only spear, not any sword (that knights have)
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

What.
Angry Andersen

Post by Angry Andersen »

I think this is somehow related to the pikeman-line, but I don't get it either...
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

I'm also scratching my head about that one.

Basically he suggest an human unit that stops advancement at lvl 2, like the javalineer and it has better stats than normal ones.

Then, it says something about a lvl 3.

Dunno if he means to add an advancement to a lvl 2 only path, or something similar tought.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Elven

jajaj

Post by Elven »

Vendanna wrote:I'm also scratching my head about that one.

Basically he suggest an human unit that stops advancement at lvl 2, like the javalineer and it has better stats than normal ones.

Then, it says something about a lvl 3.

Dunno if he means to add an advancement to a lvl 2 only path, or something similar tought.
i suggest? are you sure?
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Vendanna

Re: jajaj

Post by Vendanna »

Elven wrote:i suggest? are you sure?
If you don't explain better what do you meant with your first post of this thread you will only cause confusion on everyone that will read it (due to lack of information).

Aka, your message doesn't deliver enough information to understand what you wanted to say, and we can only try to understand what you said with the information you gave us. :?
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
Elven

Re: jajaj

Post by Elven »

Vendanna wrote:
Elven wrote:i suggest? are you sure?
If you don't explain better what do you meant with your first post of this thread you will only cause confusion on everyone that will read it (due to lack of information).

Aka, your message doesn't deliver enough information to understand what you wanted to say, and we can only try to understand what you said with the information you gave us. :?
ok, so... never wrote anything about an attacker unit before. maybe someone with another name wrote something, but i do not know about it.

I only wrote an idea about a new unit, because when i play BFW, i use only knights, because they can became much more powerful, when will have enought experience.
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Are you talking about the Lancer?

Perhaps you should look up the English name before posting so we can understand which unit you mean - you can find them in the unit definitions in the game, or on the site linked above.
enclave

Post by enclave »

yeah.. i guess peasent is also attacker lol...

btw.. how about adding peasents to mainline... for loyalists.. why they have no lvl 0... :)
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

zookeeper, your avatar fit wonderfully on that post.
VS
Translator

Post by VS »

Elven, nobody understands... I can help you translate the idea, if you want.

Nikdo vůbec nerozumí o co vlastně jde (já taky). Jestli chceÅ¡, prostě to tu napiÅ¡ česky nebo slovensky a pokusím se to nějak vyložit.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

I believe this what you're thinking of (it's called a Lancer in English). If so, adding a lv3 to it has been discussed... a lot. And turned down, due to the fact (essentially) that the lancer is awesome as is and doesn't need a lv3.
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Viliam
Translator

Post by Viliam »

Rhuvaen wrote:Are you talking about the Lancer?
Confirmed. I translated "Lancer" to Slovak as "Attacker".

(It was because the verbatim translation would be very confusing with translations of "Pikeman" or "Spearman" or "Javelineer"... so after some brainstorming I used this. Just in case anyone thinks this is unacceptable... they are free to join our translation team and take care about it.)
Elven

Post by Elven »

Viliam wrote:
Rhuvaen wrote:Are you talking about the Lancer?
Confirmed. I translated "Lancer" to Slovak as "Attacker".

(It was because the verbatim translation would be very confusing with translations of "Pikeman" or "Spearman" or "Javelineer"... so after some brainstorming I used this. Just in case anyone thinks this is unacceptable... they are free to join our translation team and take care about it.)
yes, i mean lancer. and i am sorry...

in slovak it is "utocnik", what can be translated as "Attacker" or "lancer"...

so new experience - before posting something, switch language to english :lol:
Elven

end?

Post by Elven »

so... if lancer and his lv3 "friend" was discussed a lot, maybe its wise to lock this thread...