Letting your troops speak

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
CIB
Code Contributor

Letting your troops speak

Post by CIB »

I think if you could let your troops say something(i.e. you click them, hit say or something like that and enter text that will be said by the troop in a message) that would really encourage RPGing.
mrchadt

Post by mrchadt »

When you click on an Orc he could say "your command master"
no obligation
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It might make the game alittle better, but I doubt it would be on anyones priority list and you would need many voices.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Both of you completely misunderstood CIB's idea. *sigh*

----

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure what exactly the purpose would be. And it could get really annoying if people started abusing it, since the text would appear as messages rather than chats.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

I have no idea what those two people above me are talking about (ah, well, turin got there first, so don't count him). Certainly nothing having anything to do with this proposal. I also don't understand how it could be misinterpreted like that.
Ultimatum479

Post by Ultimatum479 »

They're thinking of lots of RTSs in which that happens.

I don't see much purpose in it either except for people to find a new way to make a bunch of annoying messages pop up all over the place. Labels can be bad enough already, although luckily you can mass-clear them.
Chosen to be: Avatar of the God of Vengeance

Duty-bound to be: Last chance for the oppressed non-humans of the world

Accidentally became: Co-founder of the Council of Linac Mux

Self-nominated (pending election): Forum SUPERMOD!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Letting your troops speak

Post by Velensk »

I missed part of it, after rereading it I agree with Turin
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."