Another trait brainstorming topic

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Another trait brainstorming topic

Post by Velensk »

I had some ideas for trains (not abilitys) that might be implementable. I don't expect any of them to be added in, however I think more veriety in traits might add intrest.

1) Skilled, simply adds 5% to every chance to hit

2) Relaxed, unit gets the rested healing bonus every turn: kind of a weird idea might be underpowered, effectively gives a 2HP regen per turn

3)(undecided) basicaly unit gets double exp from fighting (not killing) I like this idea the least because it has effectively the same purpose as intelegent

4)Perfectionest,(another weird one) Deals more damage as it lvls up including AMLA. (this could have very weird gameplay problems)

5)Explorer, makes a unit able to move over rough terrain better (another one I am not sure off)

Of all of these I think the first probably works best. I have no clue on how hard it would be to implement these they are just ideas.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
romnajin

Re: Another trait brainstorming topic

Post by romnajin »

Velensk wrote: 2) Relaxed, unit gets the rested healing bonus every turn: kind of a weird idea might be underpowered, effectively gives a 2HP regen per turn
Already done, check the changelog.
Sorry for the meaningless post
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

romnajin wrote:
Velensk wrote: 2) Relaxed, unit gets the rested healing bonus every turn: kind of a weird idea might be underpowered, effectively gives a 2HP regen per turn
Already done, check the changelog.
False.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

zookeeper wrote:
romnajin wrote: Already done, check the changelog.
False.
It's not wholly false. There's a new trait in trunk called "Healthy."
these units heal faster while resting. At this point i believe it's being given only to dwarves.

Code: Select all

#define TRAIT_HEALTHY
	[trait]
	id=healthy
	male_name= _ "healthy"
	female_name= _ "female^healthy"
	description= _ "Heals faster if resting"
                [effect]
                apply_to=hitpoints
                increase_total=3
                [/effect]
	[/trait]
#enddef
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

That's what I was talking about, I didn't mean the exact same thing he proposed had been done.(I probably should have been clearer.)
Sorry for the meaningless post
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I had not noticed the healthy trait before. However my trait seams diffrent the healthy trait apparently increases the healing for resting. My proposed trait was that that unit was effectivly resting all the time (even when fighting).
It would be nice to get feedback on some of the other ideas
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."