Advancing alternative

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

AFAIK, all defending level-ups are chosen at random, and there's nothing to do for it but suck it up.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

and that's actually a FPI

rational is that the defending player should not have to stay in front of his computer.
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

This actually reminds me a little bit of the second Zelda game, where you would get offered a level up at a certain point, but you could choose to forego it and get a more powerful level up after collecting more experience.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Interesting idea IMHO.

If something like this were to be done, I don't think it should be available in a random 'defending' level-up.
Krispos

Post by Krispos »

Are you suggesting that a unit could go outside his unit tree to level into another unit type? Such as a mermadon leveling into a paladin, or a pikeman leveling into a horseman?
John 3:16 (NIV)
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Professionals built the Titanic
Amateurs built the Ark
Fiach Dubh

Post by Fiach Dubh »

Only within strict limits, and it would only really work in a campaign where it can be explained. I would say that swapping one melee weapon for a different one would work (horseman-cavalryman, pikeman-swordsman), swapping melee for ranged (or vice-versa) would work (spearman-bowman, dwarvish fighter-thunderer), and if a spearman has access to a stable, he might reasonably be able to become a horseman.

The key would be that all that could change would be the weapon used, and maybe armour.
Jetryl wrote:Normal people are like candy ravers. You look away for a moment and next thing you know they're spreading vaseline on your nipples and cooing like a pigeon.
Krispos

Post by Krispos »

Gotcha. Didn't want to see any Mermen becoming orcs... but I would like to see them become skeletongs ^^... without a sword, that is...
John 3:16 (NIV)
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
Professionals built the Titanic
Amateurs built the Ark
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

That makes absolutely no sense....
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.