Discrimination Against Swamp-folk

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Shade

Discrimination Against Swamp-folk

Post by Shade »

It it just me, or are there no swamps in Wesnoth? Why? Just a random thought.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Um, there are swamps in wesnoth.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Shade

Really?

Post by Shade »

There are swamps in the first dozen levels of the 'Heir to the Throne' campaign! Hmmm. . . My poor sleep deprived brain. . . Where? I just can't think of any off the top of my Head. . . Just me being Crazy.
mbabuskov

Re: Really?

Post by mbabuskov »

Shade wrote:There are swamps in the first dozen levels of the 'Heir to the Throne' campaign! Hmmm. . . My poor sleep deprived brain. . . Where? I just can't think of any off the top of my Head. . . Just me being Crazy.
There's a swamp in: "The choice must be made"
Shade

Thanks

Post by Shade »

Thanks. . . I feel better now. I'd hate to have to start campaigning on behalf of swamp folk, they smell awful.
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

Swamp terrain is a bit new so some older maps doesnt have it...
Feel free to review them and told us (or better edit them and post the edit here)
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

There is a scenario called "Swamp of Dread" in the campaign, and it has....lots of swamp!

It's possible that we should add swamp to some other scenarios: Elves Besieged, Blackwater Port, Isle of Anduin, Muff Malal's Peninsula, and the Valley of Death.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

i don't think elves besieged would work well with swamp. i'm not sure about blackwater port. the isle of anduin, muff malals penensula and valley of death would all be good with swamp. of course, i'm not sure where you would put the swamp, but its a good idea. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

turin wrote:i don't think elves besieged would work well with swamp.
It wouldn't have to have alot of swamp, and perhaps not even swamp in any significant places.

Although otoh the area where there is a mound of hills that a player using across-the-bridge-then-cut-north-west strategy has to get past could be replaced by swamp -- this'd likely make it easier for the player though, since Elves are pretty decent in swamp, and orcs aren't.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming