complicating the ally chat

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
tsr

complicating the ally chat

Post by tsr »

Ok, I know this idea contradicts one point in the FPI-thread (the one of realism), but anyway, here it is:

(please if you only want to flame it, at least try to deliver one good argument against it, 'you are stupid, stfu' is not constructive criticism.)

I was playing a 2v2 and suddenly I got the idea that you should only be able to ally-speak with allies with which you have at least one unit adjacent to one of your allies units.

The reasoning behind this is that it could be percieved as more realistic but most importantly it forces allies to at least try to cooperate with units too.

/tsr - not very happy with the idea, but throwing it in anyway :)
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Re: complicating the ally chat

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

tsr wrote:I know this idea contradicts one point in the FPI-thread
:shock:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Oreb

Re: complicating the ally chat

Post by Oreb »

I strongly disagree with this, while it does prove realism points, it is extremely annoying to keep one unit at say the keep at all times. For allied speak is meant for you to speak to your ally so you can split up and attack either flank.
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Jgrr

Post by Jgrr »

Well, let's toy with the idea some more...

The whole thing could be complicated even more, requiring the same from your own units. You would be required have a chain of units each one at a shout range from the previous one (let's say movement range), ending to the leader. Units within this chain would be able to act normally, otherwise they would just carry out their orders and subsequently defend.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Nah, you should ONLY be able to ally chat when your LEADER is right next to the ally leader! 8)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

You are stupid, stfu.
But seriously, I'm against this idea for the simple reason that I think it would prove highly irritating.
(I really don't know why I'm bothering to post this. I am 99.999999999% sure this idea wont go anywhere at all.)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Jgrr wrote:Well, let's toy with the idea some more...

The whole thing could be complicated even more, requiring the same from your own units. You would be required have a chain of units each one at a shout range from the previous one (let's say movement range), ending to the leader. Units within this chain would be able to act normally, otherwise they would just carry out their orders and subsequently defend.
A brilliant idea.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

An even better idea:

let's leave ally-chat the way it is!
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

Let them play with it, JW.

Although I will say that starting an idea proposal by -admitting- that it violates the FPI is a good way to get hammered.... The FPI does have leeway in that, if you've actually thought out your idea and are approaching it from a new direction, we will allow it.

However....

Two page warning until soft lock. Standard rules, gentlemen. Enjoy yourselves.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.