Give Soul Shooters NightStalk

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
galganog

Give Soul Shooters NightStalk

Post by galganog »

There is only one Night Stalk Unit and it an ability that is not given to many undead. It works for the archer unit i believe.

Random other question why aren;t Wraiths or Shadows available as leaders?
ascendant

Post by ascendant »

1) I don't know if this ability should be given to him, but he seems a bit weak, compared to other L3 units.

2) Because they are too fast and too powerful. If you have a wraith as leader, you can use him very effectively in combat and he can capturemany villages in the first turn. The same is true for the shadow.
Morever, I advise that Catharge should be destoyed.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

ascendant wrote:2) Because they are too fast and too powerful. If you have a wraith as leader, you can use him very effectively in combat and he can capturemany villages in the first turn. The same is true for the shadow.
IIRC, this technically isn't true. Although there are balance issues, the "real" reason they were removed is because the AI was very stupid and often moved fast leaders far from the keep and into horrible danger.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Free

Post by Free »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
ascendant wrote:2) Because they are too fast and too powerful. If you have a wraith as leader, you can use him very effectively in combat and he can capturemany villages in the first turn. The same is true for the shadow.
IIRC, this technically isn't true. Although there are balance issues, the "real" reason they were removed is because the AI was very stupid and often moved fast leaders far from the keep and into horrible danger.
...and that's why you don't play the AI.
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

:P

Single-player (including single-player MP) is an integral part of Wesnoth, and lots of people do play against the AI. "Just don't play the AI" isn't a realistic response.
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

This may be a little off topic, but ...

Have you ever given the AI a Master at Arms as a leader? It performs quite well.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
toms

Post by toms »

joshudson wrote:This may be a little off topic, but ...

Have you ever given the AI a Master at Arms as a leader? It performs quite well.
Yes because bad players need leaders of simple and obvious strength. :P
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Free

Post by Free »

Kestenvarn wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote: IIRC, this technically isn't true. Although there are balance issues, the "real" reason they were removed is because the AI was very stupid and often moved fast leaders far from the keep and into horrible danger.
???
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Free wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote: ...and that's why you don't play the AI.
???
Don't worry, paradoxs (sometimes a time paradox like this, even) occur from time to time in here. It is supposed to be a source of magickal charges to fuel your spells, if you are the right kind of guy.

I would keep Kestenvarn under vigilance, he may be planning to cast something.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

When I first created the graphics and proposed stats for the Soulshooter (both have been revised since), I suggested Nightstalk as an appropriate ability. Others thought that Drain would be better, and somehow it ended up with neither (and a little underpowered, in my opinion).

Perhaps this should be proposed in the Multiplayer Development thread? A lot of unit balancing goes on there.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

You know, drain would match the name quite neatly.
I see nothing wrong with him getting nightstalk. He looks the part.