Defend action

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Sangel wrote:Yep. It would also give more significant pause to units which would suffer the most (ie, charging cavalry could be seriously injured before they even strike), while keeping the balance for other units (ie archers would still have a reasonable damage rate against them).
archers would do reasonable damage? does this mean you think the pikeman would be able to use this specialty even against ranged attacks?
well, i can see being able to use it against melee, but ranged seems too powerful.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I mean that archers would still be effective against Pikeman, because you can't use First Strike against long range attacks when you don't have a long-range attack yourself!
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

It seems to me that first strike would be a special associated with a particular attack. So, you could have a unit with a first strike ranged attack, but not a first strike melee attack and versa-visa.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Agreed.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry