Should Leadership or supporting a Backstab end movement?

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Indeed. The only weird thing with Leadership and Backstab is that you can use them both at the same time. You have an Elvish Captain leading on the brave Thief into mighty deeds of stabbing someone in the back! +150% damage!
This is definitely one of the best example on the Art of War-On the Use of Spies.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

In common MP games (default era), leadership and backstab aren't usually in the same factions...
JW

Post by JW »

Noyga wrote:In common MP games (default era), leadership and backstab aren't usually in the same factions...
This would be possible in HTTT though. Of course, campaigns are not basis for balancing arguments.
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Hmm, I wonder how much damage a Strong Assassin could do if he was backstabbing a Fencer at night while being led by a Grand Marshal...
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

35-3. A typical level 3 unit does about 60% of that with no bonuses.

A Drake Fighter with similar bonuses (Grand Marshal, Strong, Day, Fencer) does 21-3 damage.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
JW

Post by JW »

Elvish Pillager wrote:35-3. A typical level 3 unit does about 60% of that with no bonuses.

A Drake Fighter with similar bonuses (Grand Marshal, Strong, Day, Fencer) does 21-3 damage.
And what about a Strong Clasher? They're the true level 1 powerhouses with 7-4 pierce at dawn/dusk.
Ken_Oh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Ken_Oh »

JW wrote:
Noyga wrote:In common MP games (default era), leadership and backstab aren't usually in the same factions...
This would be possible in HTTT though. Of course, campaigns are not basis for balancing arguments.
I guess this something to consider since I believe there was some talk before about giving a Dwarvish unit Leadership.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

JW wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote:35-3. A typical level 3 unit does about 60% of that with no bonuses.

And what about a Strong Clasher? They're the true level 1 powerhouses with 7-4 pierce at dawn/dusk.
17-4 in the same conditions, so, 5 more max. damage than the Fighter. I did prefer the unit with the same number of strikes and damage type though.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.