Classic RPG battle system.

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:

Would you prefer another battle system or the actual one?

New one! its more tactical...
19%
Actual one! I can play it faster!
81%
Errrr... i didn't even understand how to play this game...
No votes

Total votes: 21

palloco

Post by palloco »

I think that if Dave is willing this could be a good option, so if you like RPG system you use it or if not you dont.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I disagree. An option to complete and wrenchingly change the whole combat system of the game violates KISS, and would no doubt bring fresh hell to scenario balancing.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

As I am afraid I don't understand what the 'suggestion' is, or even if there is a 'suggestion', I am unable to comment on whether I think it's a good or not.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

palloco wrote:I think that if Dave is willing this could be a good option, so if you like RPG system you use it or if not you dont.
this would not be an option, it would be a completely new game. RPGs are good by themselves, but it makes no sense to turn wesnoth into an RPG because RPGs are popular. Wesnoth is not an RPG, there is no need for and RPG system.
Furthermore,Implementing one could not be an option, because you have to be able to turn options on and off. It would make no sense to turn this kind of option on and off.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm