Not to cry sexist, but...

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

much better! these look ready for inclusion. what are the stats for this unit, BTW? it is going to be better than the current princess, right?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Well, since the old statistics are for the Level 2 Princess, how about all the same save for 60 HP and a 14/5 sword attack?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Sangel wrote:Well, since the old statistics are for the Level 2 Princess, how about all the same save for 60 HP and a 14/5 sword attack?
14-5 sword attack is VERY powerful. royal guards are 13-4, same as current princess. i think battle princess should be given nearly identical stats as royal guards, with more hp. possibly, instead of 13-4, she should get 10-5 (which is still very powerful).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Royal Guard have 75 HP, which makes them extremely tough. Personally, I think she should be more fragile, but more lethal as well. If not 14-5, perhaps 12-5? Keep in mind that makes her maximum damage only a point or two higher than a Lord, who gets a bow attack as well.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

The new princess isn't that much more powerful in terms of her attack, but she is a skirmisher.....which does make her ALOT more powerful.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

note that more strikes, even if you do the same damage, makes you much more powerful. 14-4 is the Lord attack, which gives 56 damage, total. a 10-5 attack, my proposal, gives 50 damage. BUT, consider that most units, on average, have a 60% chance of being hit.

the lord will usually hit twice, doing 28 damage.
the battle princess will usually hit three times, doing 30 damage by my proposal. your proposal, 12-5, deals 36 damage. combined with skirmishing and elusivefoot, this is VERY powerful. to me, 12-5 is too powerful for any unit, except a level 4 unit, to get.
The World of Orbivm
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

The skirmishing ability kind of renders the argument moot. That is one nice ability... I'd rather like to see it crop up more often, to tell the truth. Perhaps we should make 3rd Level Scouts which skirmish, so that they can be useful in the later game without becoming deadly in and of themselves.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Sangel wrote:Perhaps we should make 3rd Level Scouts which skirmish, so that they can be useful in the later game without becoming deadly in and of themselves.
IMO a unit as fast as a scout would be too powerful with the skirmish ability. The faster a unit is, the more powerful skirmish becomes.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

A fair point. Personally, I feel that so long as the unit doesn't do excessive damage, it's OK for it to be a skirmisher.

Anyway, are my additional animations ready for inclusion, or do they need further modification?
Ave

Post by Ave »

The Princess needs only 2 XP to advance to Battle Princess, is that intentional?
Eponymous-Archon

Post by Eponymous-Archon »

Ave wrote:The Princess needs only 2 XP to advance to Battle Princess, is that intentional?
well, it sure makes the end of that first scenario with her and lot harder. Your first attack is extremely likely to be useless.
The Eponymous Archon
miyo

Post by miyo »

Ave wrote:The Princess needs only 2 XP to advance to Battle Princess, is that intentional?
It was left-over from testing, fixed in CVS.

- Miyo