Damage Calculations

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

turin wrote:i have CVS, i updated very recently, and, while the buttons are there, they have no text on them. this is true for the 'delete unit' for recall list, the 'delete saved game' for saved game list, and the 'attack calculation' button.
on a side note, the knight unit still cannot advance to grand knight, although the changelog says grand knight is implemented.
It sounds like you're not getting the whole of CVS properly.

Check your data/translations/english.cfg file and see if the key 'damage_calculations' is present.

Check to see if data/units/Grand_Knight.cfg is present, and if data/units/Knight.cfg lists it as a possible upgrade.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
tefkab

Post by tefkab »

I know, this issue was closed for version 0.7.1 but I think the question how to deal with odd numbers of hit points will come back sooner or later.
There is a simple way to handle e.g. 6.47 hitpoints:
Just delete 6 hitpoints and there is a chance of 47/100 to delete a seventh one.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

this sounds fair, but it doesn't sound KISS...
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

tefkab wrote:I know, this issue was closed for version 0.7.1 but I think the question how to deal with odd numbers of hit points will come back sooner or later.
There is a simple way to handle e.g. 6.47 hitpoints:
Just delete 6 hitpoints and there is a chance of 47/100 to delete a seventh one.
No, because it will confuse the player.

I also think that the math of rounding adds something to the game.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming