Mac Campaign Editor???

Brainstorm ideas of possible additions to the game. Read this before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting a new idea, you must read the following:

Would you use a Mac Campaign Editor?

Yes
36%
No
18%
Maybe
12%
Mac, what's a Mac???
33%

Total votes: 33

Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Dave wrote: Then (s)he'll wonder why development has slowed down so much while you implement the backend, and figure that you're being plain lazy.
lol... true... good thing that I don't program much for work and they don't understand Macs in the office anyway :D

Strange thing about Cocoa is that the backend really is the heart of the program, not the strings to hold things together. Every other environmnent, even the Mac OS 9 with ResEdit you'd design a gui (for systems with a gui ;-) ) but have lots of linking and extra code to get those parts to function. With Cocoa the gui has no overhead at all if it is well designed from the start. It goes in the same direction. It will be interesting to see how it shapes up to the editor and how fully featured I can make it. That is where the ease causes problems, overstretch is so damn tempting.

There are a number of features which I mustn't try to put into the gui yet or it won't get done. I'm starting to get tempted to do a cop-out Expert Tab with text boxes to insert / replace code for various sections then keep to basic until that is stable.

BTW can any scenario developer tell me what the difference is between using enemy =2 (etc) and assigning teams? Which / both should I implement?[/i]
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Sithrandel wrote: BTW can any scenario developer tell me what the difference is between using enemy =2 (etc) and assigning teams? Which / both should I implement?
The enemy attribute is obsolete/deprecated. Use teams.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Dave wrote: The enemy attribute is obsolete/deprecated. Use teams.
David
Thanks... you have saved me wasting time / screen space there :D