Waters of Redemption

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

West
Retired Lord of Music

Waters of Redemption

Post by West »

Hey all, long time no see. Just wanted let you know that I've just released a musical fantasy suite (well, an orchestral concept album) called Waters of Redemption.

Sorry about stopping by only to toot my own horn like this, but I figured there might be a few people on here who might be interested.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Waters of Redemption

Post by Pentarctagon »

Neat, I'll have to take a look at some point.

Also, though the topic is (still) locked, I'd imagine that vultraz et al would be interested in your thoughts on this.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Inky
Forum Moderator

Post by Inky »

I'm a big fan of your music, especially the Wesnoth tracks like Journey's End, Ambuscade etc.

The new album is really awesome! Lots of similarities to the Gol Ashamdir track from one of the Chronicles albums. My favorite is the Redemption track, especially the beautiful theme starting around the 1 minute mark. I bought the album to support your amazing work! I secretly hope (well I guess it's not so secret now) that one day you might return to composing for Wesnoth, but either way I look forward to hearing more of your music in the future.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

nice to see you back, Westlund! :D. btw, a large chunk of the community nearly worships your music :D (including me)

btw, thanks for the link.

EDIT: btw, do you give permisson to use some of the music in UMC? just asking.
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

wow!
he's good.
Which other games have you contributed to?
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

ForestDragon wrote:EDIT: btw, do you give permisson to use some of the music in UMC? just asking.
I can't speak for West, but knowing the sore point that "GPL music" has been in the past, I'd urge everyone who's tempted to hold off until West specifically says something about it. Maybe posting the question to his website will get an answer more quickly than asking here.
Midnight_Carnival wrote:Which other games have you contributed to?
Follow the link, check out "Credits".
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
West
Retired Lord of Music

Post by West »

Pentarctagon wrote:Also, though the topic is (still) locked, I'd imagine that vultraz et al would be interested in your thoughts on this.
Not sure what I could contribute with. I've been a vocal advocate of Wesnoth moving its art resources to CC in the past, so... not a day too soon I guess? All my Wesnoth tracks are already released as CC elsewhere so it's not like I have any problems with this change.
Inky wrote:I'm a big fan of your music, especially the Wesnoth tracks like Journey's End, Ambuscade etc.

The new album is really awesome! Lots of similarities to the Gol Ashamdir track from one of the Chronicles albums. My favorite is the Redemption track, especially the beautiful theme starting around the 1 minute mark. I bought the album to support your amazing work! I secretly hope (well I guess it's not so secret now) that one day you might return to composing for Wesnoth, but either way I look forward to hearing more of your music in the future.
Big thanks Inky! To tell you the truth, Wesnoth has all the music it could possibly need and has had for quite some time. Unless something revolutionary has happened in terms of campaigns and other game content while I've been away, the music bit is basically done. I.e. there's not much point in anyone spending any more time on it, as apparent from the crickets in the Music forum.
ForestDragon wrote:nice to see you back, Westlund!
Not back, just visiting! ;)
ForestDragon wrote:EDIT: btw, do you give permisson to use some of the music in UMC? just asking.
Huh, nope. Why would I want to do that?
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Something that can be used for the new desert faction(saracens got mainlined as khalifate meanwhile) could have been neat, but if you say you are finished here then it is so.