What else am I missing?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Implementor37

What else am I missing?

Post by Implementor37 »

So for all the years I've been playing Wesnoth, I thought that shadowm must have gone to a lot of trouble to draw is avatar pic. Then I ran into Order of the Stick and my respect for him increased by about 1000%. I haven't laughed so hard in a LONG time. This strip, in turn, led me to find erfworld--another excellent webcomic full of fantasy humour. How I missed these strips I can only conclude is due to my own idiocy, but it leads me to wonder: Am I missing out on any other awesome stuff like this? If you know of anything, please post it below!
Author of End of the Legion, available now on the 1.12 and 1.13 servers!
Supporter of the addition of the Aragwaithi into mainline.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: What else am I missing?

Post by Pentarctagon »

Have you read 8-bit theater?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
johndh

Post by johndh »

The two fantasy-themed webcomics I regularly read are http://www.goblinscomic.org/ and http://guildedage.net/

Much like OoTS, Goblins takes place within a D&D game and there are a lot of gags based on this, so if you're not into D&D then some of the jokes might go over your head, but regardless it is a very well-made comic. There are some moments that really punch you in the gut, too. The author is very good at provoking an emotional response and he explores some very dark, twisted themes at times. The author had some kind of mental breakdown several months ago, and since then the updates have been few and far between, but there are already about 300 pages to read before you get caught up.

Guilded Age has some elements that parody MMOs like World of Warcraft, but that's a fairly small part of it. It's much more than a gag-of-the-week comic. There's a long overarching story and themes of moral ambiguity, interesting and unique characters, and various scheming factions vying for control.

I highly recommend both.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
max_torch
Inactive Developer

Post by max_torch »

There's also Looking for Group - www.lfgcomic.com